dino

i've got the itch
13.34 @ 102
8.53 @ 82
1.92 60'

JLT RAI, 90mm L maf, weld in mufflers....no tune

sound about right?

Last edited:
I think you may have a tune, the 99-00's came with a 80mm maf and would need a tune for a 90mm. Nice numbers.

nope, no tune
it had a 92mm pro-m on it when i got it...with the world's smallest filter
so i picked up a stock 90mm and got a JLT...still no tune, needs one, tho...

what's your setup to go 12.8 on stock boost/pulleys?

Have you looked at the ecu to see if it's got a chip? I'm sure you need a tune (chip/tuner)to upgrade to a 90mm maf on a 00. My mods are chip, filter w/90mm maf, full bassani catless exhaust, ftvb, t-bars and et streets.

You really need a chip for the MAF... Your not gonna make any better times but your not doing the engine any good. One interstate blast and poof!!

still doin fine...tryin not to get on it too much...i know it needs a tune

o well, i got a warranty

I had a 90MM on my 2000 for a long time without a tune....I just disconnected the battery when I installed it and never had any issues. It can be done without a tune...the factory tune on the 99/00 is pig rich....

That sounds pretty good. Last time I ran mine it was almost identical to yours JLP forced air, 90MAF, and a Flowmaster catback with no tune, and it went 13.82@100 with a crappy 2.1 60' in 80* weather in like 90% humidity. I've had my 90MAF on since August on my daily driver 2000 with no problems and I get on my truck alot. I'm about to get a dyno tune on mine finally.

will be gettin dynoed on the 3th(dyno day got postponed)

went to HRP(houston raceway park) sunday

12.06, .07., and 08 passes at 103-104

JLT RAI, 90mm MAF, MAC catback
no tailgate, no spare

SVT-Steve said:
you mean 13.06,.07, and.08 right..
yeah, that ^, lol, oops

13.06-08 @ 103-104

put down 383 hp in 50* weather

as far as i know it's JLT, 90mm maf, and mac catback, has a chip in it

sound close to right?

i noticed that when i was in texas the 90mm worked great with no tune but when i came home to buufalo that **** threw a code eveyday and had to put the 80mm back on to get the code to stay off.its not worth a blown engine for something so stupid.

dino said:
yeah, that ^, lol, oops

13.06-08 @ 103-104

put down 383 hp in 50* weather

as far as i know it's JLT, 90mm maf, and mac catback, has a chip in it

sound close to right?

Sounds also like it could have a pulley on it. Measure your pulleys and see if they are stock or not. those would be great times for no pulley.

Back