Barry Bonds 756 Ball To Be Branded!

I think that it's great as well....even sweeter after Bonds' comments about the Owner of the ball. :D

what did bonds say about the balls owner? i have to admit that i havent been staying up on this too much.

The branding is a way to say that the public is not buying that Bond's is steroid free. It cheapens the historical value of both the record and baseball itself.

Bond's called the Owner an idiot or a jerk or something like that for letting the public decide what should happen to the ball.

Bonds called Marc Ecko (fashion designer) an idiot for buying the ball for $750,000 and asking the public if he should blast it to outer space, send it to Cooperstown with a big red asterisk on it, or a couple of other options. I was a HUGE Barry Bonds fan before I found out how much of an a$$hat he is. He has to have the locker on each side of him empty because he's a "superstar". He treated the clubhouse personnel like chit like throwing his towel on the ground instead of handing it to themwhen they would come to take it. I personally don't care if he takes steroids or not. If it wasn't for the "juice" Adam Vinetieri would be a star Fullback of the NFL instead of a kicker and Ozzie Guillen would be the White Sox' homerun leader instead of Frank Thomas.

seriously, he's probably one of the most tested athletes on the face of the planet. notice his size, he is still the same size he was 5 years ago. look at sammy sosa, he's peewee sosa now. I may not like the dude, but he has NEVER tested positive, the result: there is no asterisk.

on an interesting note, you all do know that there is technically an asterisk next to Maris's old record? the reason... more games, more opportunities to hit home runs.

Big picture - Why care even a LITTLE bit?

It is SPORTS. It is ENTERTAINMENT. These are monkeys dancing in front of a camera for some people's amusement.

I'd like to see ANY of these premadonna jerks actually WORK for a living.

OOOOH ! ! - You can swing a stick at a ball! ! ! Woo - Fricken Hoo.

Do you even know how to put batteries in a flashlight you idiot?

Big picture - Why care even a LITTLE bit?

It is SPORTS. It is ENTERTAINMENT. These are monkeys dancing in front of a camera for some people's amusement.

I'd like to see ANY of these premadonna jerks actually WORK for a living.

OOOOH ! ! - You can swing a stick at a ball! ! ! Woo - Fricken Hoo.

Do you even know how to put batteries in a flashlight you idiot?

you must have not played any higher form of sports in your life to make these statements. I play college baseball and I have a real job(drywall) and trust me conditioning, practicing, and hitting the weight room is much more challenging than construction. BTW hitting a baseball is about the hardest thing to do in professional sports. I couldn't even dream about the countless hours of work a person like bonds has put in to accomplish the great things he has done. The man has a flawless swing to say the least. So what if he took steroids. He would have been in the hall of fame anyway. So if you believe they are monkeys dancing in front of a camera for some peoples amusement then you are far off in your assumptions. BTW those premadonna jerks are working for a living because that is their jobs. That is their god given talent and they are using it, wouldn't you? I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining if you had the talent they had and got paid millions to "dance around like a monkey".

you must have not played

That's right.

IT'S PLAY. No cars were built, no walls were sanded. Nobody can take what he's done with his life and use it in any functional way.

Might as well be a stripper in Las Vegas. It serves no functional purpose other than to entertain.

To pay over half a million dollars for a ball some idiot hit with a stick is such a waste it should be a crime.

Hit the ball with the stick as many times as you want - no WORK has been done - you are just an ENTERTAINER, not a worker.

They call it PLAYING for a reason.

on an interesting note, you all do know that there is technically an asterisk next to Maris's old record? the reason... more games, more opportunities to hit home runs.

So we should put an asterisk next to Bonds as well. He played in more games every year, so his single season record should have the mark, and more games per year means more games over his career. He in effect played 160 games more during his career because he played 8 more per year over 20 years, so put an asterisk next to the total.
I think its great that the ball will have an asterisk on it- hell, I'd love to put one on Bonds' noggin.:scared1:

That's right.

IT'S PLAY. No cars were built, no walls were sanded. Nobody can take what he's done with his life and use it in any functional way.

Might as well be a stripper in Las Vegas. It serves no functional purpose other than to entertain.

To pay over half a million dollars for a ball some idiot hit with a stick is such a waste it should be a crime.

Hit the ball with the stick as many times as you want - no WORK has been done - you are just an ENTERTAINER, not a worker.

They call it PLAYING for a reason.

Man your way off dude. They are NOTHING like strippers considering after you see a stripper you leave with a good sensation.

You are right they are ment to intertain, so are actors and plays. These people just have other gifts dude. Also, it is MUCH harder than you can ever imagine. I don't think you would be able to survive one day in their shoes let alone touch a ball coming at you at 90+ miles an hour. Shoot I'd bet you wouldn't even be able to survive a day in a college ball players shoes. Trust me, it requires tons of work to become what they are.

Man your way off dude. Trust me, it requires tons of work to become what they are.

So What? Who cares if they can shoot octagonal brass pills out their *****?

What the Hell GOOD are they? They have spent their entire life ENTERTAINING, not doing anything REAL and PRODUCTIVE for their lives.
Such a shame. When I am on my deathbed I will look upon my life's achievements and be much more proud than I would be looking back and going "WOW! - I could hit a ball with a stick!"

Zen must of been hit by a baseball :hh:during Tball as a child to have such distain for the best sport on the planet.
Good post Slow94.

i agree that sports is HARD work, however, i don't believe that it is multi-million dollar work... what happens if a player strikes out (failing his job for that time), he goes and sits on the bench until his turn again...what happens if an engineer fails at his job...a bridge falls down, what happens if a doctor screws up a surgurey, someone could die....

don't get me wrong, i love watching sports (GO CUBS and GO BEARS.... and GO CORNHUSKERS!!!) however i think for the amount of money they're getting paid, there should be no complaining....

ok, that was slightly off topic but my rant is over :)

Back