Bad Day Yesterday- Truck FIRE!

Yeah buy it back. Total value will be peanuts. There's a lot of truck there.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Dont let it die. Even if you don't have the interest in fixing it somebody will, I certainly would.

Definitely don't let the insurance company have it. The worst case scenario here is that someone will get a great starting place for a dedicated drag truck.

Thanks for the input guys! They would have to make me one heck of an offer to let it go. Then there’s all the parts I have invested. I will start the part removal process this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The offer came through today and I was surprised they only deducted $1500 for me to keep it. I will be parting it out or selling in some form of way. I’ll be posting parts and the truck up for sale here shortly.

Just something to think about. What if you find another L. You’ve got a lot of goodies that will transfer over. **Then** sell your extras.

The offer came through today and I was surprised they only deducted $1500 for me to keep it. I will be parting it out or selling in some form of way. I’ll be posting parts and the truck up for sale here shortly.

If you dont mind, what were you offered? If you dont want to say, i get it.
FYI: You can challange their price/ dollar amount

for the right price id drive to Georgia with a trailer to save it.

I’m about to post it up. I have on Facebook already but figured I’d give everybody here a shot at it.

Come get it somebody. I hate to part it out.

Ug. Wish I had the space for it. I'd love to talk about a few things if you decide to part it.

Ok, I’ll let you know if it doesn’t sell complete. I have shelves full of all original parts, and lot of other stuff too that I’ll be posting up separately.

Would you happen to have a schematic and /or work instructions for removal and replacement of the dash and harness? I’m contemplating trying to save mine and wanting to see how big of a deal this really is.
I don't consider it a big job, but my opinion is probably skewed...

(click this text)

Update: insurance totaled it as expected. Only $1500 for me to keep as a buyer retained salvage so definitely was worth it. I’m starting to remove and sell things slowly. Long bars, alternator, efans are sold. Copperhead driveshaft loop, bed cover, headers are spoken for. V3 kit has been posted up for sale. Still have a lot of parts in the whole truck if someone is interested. Otherwise will regrettably continue to part it out until I get to the point it sells as a roller or goes to the junkyard.

Message me with any pics, videos, questions.

Here’s what’s still there:

1995 Lightning # 772 Black (SVT certificate included) with Salvage title
All available options except keyless entry. Tube bumper with metal tag holder and custom made billet bumper caps, jump seat, auto dimming mirror, dual visors, sliding back glass. Factory CD player and amp.

Around 165k miles on truck and bottom end of engine. Most everything else has been updated and improved upon.

Exterior: Paint is original and has clear coat fading on the hood and roof. A few dings and a couple chips on the cowl from having repainted back in 2010. No rust at all. 2001-2002 Lightning chrome wheels with Nitto 295/45/18 Front and 305/45/18 DR rears. Line X bed liner, Extang bed cover. New Clear headlights with LEDs/bumper and side markers lights. New brake light lenses.

Engine: stock bottom end with new main, rod bearings and oil pump that it really didn’t need back at 120,000 mls. Trick flow stage 2 cam, scorpion roller rockers, AFR 185 comp heads(per AFR now marketed as 195’s) with 58cc chambers and upgraded springs. 90mm Trick flow R intake with matching 90mm Accufab TB. TFS rails and Seimen Deka 80lb/hr injectors. Double roller timing chain, new distributor, MSD 6AL, cap and wires. Pimpxshift engine/ trans control. 130 amp alternator from E150 van. Bronco graveyard motor mounts.

Exhaust: MAC long tube 1-3/4 primary and 3” collectors customized with V band clamps and wrapped with DEI black header wrap. Custom made mandrel bent 3” exhaust down the passenger side, over the axle and out each side behind rear tires. Walker quiet flow ss muffers.

Fuel system: front tank removed but included. Rear tank has upgraded quantum 340lph pump(and new sender) with relay, breaker and heavy gauge wire to support. Pumps to a surge tank with 380lph quantum pump, then 8an feed and 6an return lines. Aeromotive 10 micron filter between surge tank and rails. Aeromotive regulator. All wired in with 10ga wire, relay with fuse. Has no trouble supporting 14psi of boost.

Drivetrain:
Custom $5k race built E4OD transmission with $4200 in parts receipts. Billet internals, race clutches, upgraded planets, all the goodies. CircleD 258mm billet lock up 3600 rpm converter. Shifts nice and smooth at part throttle and nice firm tire screeching shifts over 70% tps. Copperhead driveshaft loop, spicer 3050 u joints, refreshed rear end with new Motorsport clutches, stock 4.10 gears and SVO rear girdle cover. Factory slapper bars removed and 2” drop shackles to level it off. New wheel cylinders and shoes in rear. Front pads are good.

Interior- Seats /jump seat in great shape(lumbar on drivers side not working) fog light switch in good condition. White faced gauges with LED’s seem to be fine. Worked when on fire when I shut it off and unhooked battery. 14point7 AFR, Autometer water temp, oil pressure and boost pressure gauges worked when shutoff. Bronco Graveyard dash repair bracket installed. Headliner, visors, windshield, dash and harness will need to be replaced.

Vortech V3si kit with 8rib 3.47 and 8” crank pulley available to be worked in for sale of truck or for $3500 separately.

I’m sure I’m forgetting some things but will be glad to send a supporting video as needed.

I have a shop full of parts that I will be selling separately as well.

Video

Truck is sold and headed out to its new home yesterday. The guy that bought it has all the interior from a donor truck and plans to fix it which is a great thing!

Have a few more parts to sell leftover from my stash but most of that is all gone as well. Hard to believe the money I had invested in this truck and my parts stash over the years! My wife couldn’t believe it either..lol

f9ecd5fe7e881e36c2a7109dbfbe6d52.jpg

The replacement has arrived!
ab6d1645f537cee86ec2ec84dddb0f45.jpg

8002e3fc883a2d849451f9a4d55fc12c.jpg

Glad she will be fixed! Nice replacement by the way!

Back