B&M ELECTRONIC SHIFT KIT

D

DAVID G

HAS ANY BODY RAN THIS SHIFT KIT . I WAS RUNNING IT FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS AN THE THE CONTROL FOR IT GOT REALY HOT ONE DAY AND IT COOKED MY ECU AND THE SHIFT KIT CONTROL.
TRANS WAS SHIFTING EXTREMELY HARD. THE RESULT WAS A NEW TRANS .BECAUSE I DID NOT SEE THAT THE SHIFT KIT WAS BURNED UP UNTIL IT WAS TO LATE THE TRANS WAS DEAD THE CLUTCHS IN THE TRANS GOT SMOKED FROM THE TORQUE CONVERTER BEING LOCKED UP AT ALL TIMES .DOES ANY BODY KNOW WHAT COULD OF CAUSED THIS .

I am using it and I know mine gets a little hot, especially that little square thing. A friend of mine had his totally melt in his truck. Had to peel it out of his carpet. Mine hasnt really given me any problems, but it doesnt work well, so im not happy with it. It shifts VERY hard at lower speeds and up to 3/4 throttle, but at WOT it barely helps.

Tommy

Hey guys,
I'm the friend that had the damn thing burn up in my truck. That pissed me off. So I exchanged it and put it on again, and now the damn thing doesn't work at all. and the truck is shifting very much like Tommys. I don't know what is wrong with the thing but I'm definately not impressed. I think I am going to do it right next time and go into the tranny. forget this electronic stuff, get down and dirty to get real changes.

I'm not happy with it I just installed it and it only shifts good at less than 3/4 throttle at wot it doesn't seem to make a difference.I just had my tranny modified to handle my paxton s-charger. but it doesn't seem to shift hard enough, does anyone know what shift kits would work good for s-trim?

Back