Autocross

Roger, what happens if it is rained out? Do they reschedule for the next Sunday? I'll probably be there if there's a good chance it won't rain.

------------------
ffwthumb.jpg

VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

vern & all others-the corvette club here in st joe runs their autocross rain or shine-
but they only race here once a year
------------------
Dpracing
BLK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

[This message has been edited by Dpracing (edited 10-27-2000).]

Vern; I honestly can't give you an answer. I've only been to about 3 myself, and all were in good weather. The parking lot in question has some good runoff to it and would dry fairly quickly once it quit.

Feel like bringing your canopy just in case? <grin>

I looks like it is going to rain. Do you guys still want to get together if it rains? For a little bench racing and food
biggrin.gif
What do you all think Troy, Vern, Donald, Roger, Dave, Brendon?

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
Team Powerdyne
White 94 #2703
Black 90 LX 5.0
ff5658b4.jpg.thumb.jpg

Shawn-that could work for me if its early in the day-will check back later to see if the rest of our crew is in or out & where---dave

------------------
Dave
Dpracing
Blk 93 #2757
Nloc #521
burnout.gif

[This message has been edited by Dpracing (edited 10-28-2000).]

They are talking rain early tomorrow. I'm going to head out regardless in hopes it eventually clears off. I'll get there at 9-ish and will give it till noon.

We can bench race that long can't we? <g>

Anyone got a spare canopy? Vern? Troy? I can bring 2 extra folding chairs...

[This message has been edited by roger (edited 10-28-2000).]

roger-i dont have a canopy-only xtra chair-will see ya there about 9am as planned rain or shine-how about the rest of you guys-rain wont hurt your L(except for shwan's-no wipers)

------------------
Dave BLK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

Well, gang, don't think I'll make it. Just can't see burning a vacation day to go and then get rained out. If they postpone, let me know. I'll just have to get over there some other time to bench race and kill a couple of brews.

------------------
ffwthumb.jpg

VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

hey guys.
i wi
ould like to make it but probl;ly can't be there until 10:30 or so. is that too late..

Well then I guess we will just meet there at 9 rain or shine and go from there.

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
Team Powerdyne
White 94 #2703
Black 90 LX 5.0
ff5658b4.jpg.thumb.jpg

lightning2strikes; It's not too late for benchracing, but I don't know about running. I just checked the KC Region SCCA site and there's no time listed. There IS a phone number tho; ((913) 236-9332 Richard Davison)

give it a try and see what happens?

hey guys-i was a little worried this am as it rained hard on my way to the woodlands but it quit by the time i pulled in beside roger(only lightning besides me)& bill(drives a cobra)@9am-the rain stayed away all day & the autocross was on(dry course)-roger & i worked the 1st heat & ran the 2nd-there were about 15 cars per heat(4 heats) makeing 4 runs per heat-roger & i were done by 2:30-wish you guys would have come on down-would have been neet to have a large showing L's-----it was my first autocross & can say it was fun & would
do it again-------later

------------------
Dave
Blk 93 #2757
Nloc #521
burnout.gif

[This message has been edited by Dpracing (edited 10-30-2000).]

Damn, damn, damn! Outsmarted myself again. Aarrgghhh. For once I do the smart thing, and what happens - it doesn't rain. We got a few sprinkles this morning and then nothin. Boy, wish I woulda blown off work and gone. Well, it won't happen again. I'll be there next time, first in line!

Bummer -
Vern

Vern, don't sweat it, you've got all winter to get ready for the next one. Dave and I were the only L's there as he mentioned and we had a blast. The course (which changes each time) was setup with some longer straights and sweepers that allowed us to stretch our legs a bit. 2 of the 3 people from work with Cobras showed up and did real well (although Lane did have a little off-track 'excursion' during one run).

Hey Dave, did that Syclone ever run? How'd he do? He should have beat us with his AWD and much lighter weight...

roger-bill & i watched him run but i didnt here what time he had-he was smooth around the course as we expected-we were by the timming shack too but there was so much going on that i dont know if they said what his time was but you mite ask bill if you see him-

------------------
Dave BLK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

Back