Autocross

V

Vern

I know we've discussed autocrossing before, and Roger says it'll be going on Oct 15 and 29 in KC. However, my computer died a very long and painful death and I lost all my emails. But, I'm back up and running now, so can everybody please send or resend me when they would like to do it. The 15th would be way better for me. I'd have to take a vacation day to do it on the 29th.

Roger, could you please send me the info again? I just don't know where each one is run. Later.

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

vern rodger said they were at the woodlands. out by sandstone (kansas city ks) don't remember who was going at what time i could not make it the 15 will be in orlando racing but the 29th would work for me.

------------------
ff5c056c.jpg.thumb.jpg

Five0 Drw
"donald"
nolc #354

Looks like either one is fine for me!

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
White 94 #2703

Vern, Below find a copy of the note I sent:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 9:08 PM
Subject: Re: Next event

KC Region SCCA: http://www.kcrscca.org/
next event; Oct 29th at the Woodlands

Crown Autocross: http://hometown.aol.com/crownac/
next event; Oct 15th at the Woodlands

Both are VERY similar in how they operate; namely:

PRICE: $20.00 for non-members. This get's you 4 runs in the heat you sign up for (providing you're there early enough to get into the heat you want (15-20 cars per heat). You'll line up and run sequentially one after another until everyone has completed 4 runs. All runs are timed and recorded. You get a slip with times after your heat is over. You are charged +1 second for every orange cone you <cough> disturb.

VEHICLE: With the mods you, Donald and Shawn have, don't be suprised to be classed with the big boys (C-Prepared; we're talking full rollcages, etc.) I'm in ESP because of my trans shift kit. They WILL do a safety inspection. You should pass as long as your battery is bolted down solid, nothing is hanging loose, etc.

SAFETY: Vehicle has a tech inspection. They WILL verify your helmet is up to snuff; SNELL 95 or M95. They have a half-dozen for (free) use if you don't have one. You must have belts (you'll definately WANT to use them to keep you posterior firmly planted in the seat).

HOW TO DO IT: You get there (early; about 9am if you want a good pick of what's going on). You'll pick one heat to DRIVE and one heat to WORK. I recommend you WORK before you DRIVE so you can see what parts of the course are the hardest to navigate, and who's running the better lines. Bring a lawn chair and a cooler (no beer unless you hide it VERY well; they take this stuff seriously). When you WORK; you just stand at one of the designated posts and replace cones that were destroyed...er...distrubed by contestants <grin>.

NOW: Those of you who CAN make it on the 15th will have a blast and ALSO get in some good practice for those who can only make the 29th <g>...

OK, it looks like some of us can do the 15th, and as it is coming first, why don't we plan on that, and then if we can do the 29th also, then we can join Donald and Roger then, too. I've done it before and can also attest that it is a blast.

Hey Shawn, when is the next Hooters cruise night? Later . .

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

The 1st and 2nd Saturday night of the month, I think that this is the last month for it, I will check. It would be great to get everyone together one more time this year.

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
White 94 #2703

The 2nd sat would be the 14th, night before we try autocross on the 15th - hey this could work. I'll let you know later. - Vern

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

Whelp; anyone up for the 29th? It looks like I will be able to make this one (can't force me to work)...

roger--as of rite now i can make 10/29-are times & place still the same-woodlands about 9am--dave

------------------
Dpracing
BLACK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

hay guys. got my first look at the auto cross thing. i rode with vern this weekend while we were at the svo get-togather in tenn. once you learn the coarse it is not too bad. so if it is nice sunday count me in. let's meet before the show so we can get togather and drive in. we made a big hit when we did it in tenn they did not think our trucks could auto-cross well they were wrong.i may bring the gt think i can get it around the track better than that big ol L truck haha
will they let you take riders during your first heat? seems to be the easy way to learn the track layout that is what i was doing. way to go vern.....

------------------
ff5c056c.jpg.thumb.jpg

Five0 DRW
"run4it"
outtahere.gif

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 10-23-2000).]

Hey Donald. Where do you (and anyone else) want to meet? We need to be there at 9:00 am in order to get the best shot at things.

YES, they allow rider(s) any/all runs _PROVIDED_ they wear helmets (which they can borrow if need be). My suggestion is to get there at 9am. Work (or ride) heat one. Ride (or work) heat two. Drive heat three. You'll be there past 3pm that way, but you'll have the benefit of quite a bit of surveillance prior to running.

hey iam north of all you guys so please make it easy on me ok-i will be going south on i-435 from plate city---thanks dave

------------------
Dpracing
BLACK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

rodger if we get there around 9 will there be enough time to get around the track. a walk around. we can just meet right out side the track. how does that sound dp.if the others get there later they can just look for us inside. how's that?

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 10-24-2000).]

don-to meet at the gate is ok with me-i just didnt know if you guys wanted to meet for breakfest & coffee b4 or not-just a thought-- dave

------------------
Dpracing
BLACK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

auto cross guys. (dave) do not think i want any breakfast everyone else is welcome to it. i have talked with shaw we will try to be there around 9 or so we might get brendon to bring his truck see you guy's there vern said he would make it also i will call him and double check...

Hey everyone. If we just get there at 9am and drive in, there are two things we can do that will be just as impressive as driving in together...

1) "Pit" together (first one in hold spot(s) for everone).

2) All trucks get in the same HEAT. We might even talk them into our own heat if we can get 10-15 trucks there. In any event, one truck after another will be something those folks will talk about all winter--might even get our own class <dunno>?

Don; if we get there at 9am, we'll have time to do several walk thrus. They also have approximately 15 mins between every heat to walk the course. That way you can see how it gets better (or deteriorates <g> ) between heats.

Be sure to bring a chair (folding or otherwise) for each person. Those of you who have airtanks may want them also. Gen 2 trucks might want to set tire inflation to about 50-55 psi. I'm not sure what would work for Gen 1's.

Oh yeah, HELMET, HELMET, HELMET, HELMET...

One last thing. If anyone is coming and finds themselves a little late, a cellphone call would help us hold a spot in the same heat if you're in route...

[This message has been edited by roger (edited 10-25-2000).]

roger-& all others-9am meet @ the gate sounds good to me & would be cool if all could go in together
smile.gif
but-will they do it in the rain??
frown.gif
(hate to show & run with a dirty L
redface.gif
)weather report this am calls for rain all weekend(hope their wrong)---dave

------------------
Dpracing
BLACK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

I may not be able to get away from work on Sunday. I'll know tomorrow. Let yall know then. - Vern

------------------
ffwthumb.jpg

VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

Just found out Sunday is a GO. I'll be there as well as 3 of my friends with Cobras.

Everyone pray for no rain!

Back