August 2009 Gen 2 Truck of the Month- Ryan "RyanR" Rogers ! (NLOC #2621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

August 2009 Gen 2 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Ryan (RyanR) Rogers ! (NLOC #2621)

Some buy their Lightning new from the dealer. Some buy their Lightning used yet stock. Both start with a clean slate to build their Lightning into what they want. Some buy a used Lightning that is already built up, the new owner’s vision matching that of the previous owner. Ryan chose to purchase one already substantially personalized in show and go as it fit his vision of a Lightning. Ryan chose a quality truck from another member to get his fix and to have a solid foundation to continue his quest for ever more quickness with his Ford Lightning.

Read on to learn more about Ryan’s truck and join in the congratulations to RyanR and his Lightning !

3774679036_ac4eb06eb3_o.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

The main interest I had in a Lightning is its shear potential and power. And of course the good looks. It’s the baddest production truck ever made, and there is nothing like the scream of the supercharger under the hood. The entire package is perfect.

3774678186_ee46f7b5b4_o.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Well I was actually in the market for a Lightning for quite awhile and really wasn't in a big hurry until my everyday driver got stolen. Which was a whipple charged Chevy truck that I always said would murder Lightnings....So I got to shopping right away and came across this really good looking Lightning on ebay. Well, lucky for me, the truck didn't sell and I got in touch with the owner, Ron's Bolt. Next week I drove 16 hours to pick it up. On the first drive around Ron's block I knew my old Chevy couldn't touch this monster. The sound of the Eaton, the hard shifts, the loud exhaust, I had to have it.

3774678350_229af994df_o.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Well Ron had done most of the "show" for me. I have done very little as for looks to the truck except for maintain it. Appearance wise it has:
Harwood Cowl hood
Checkmate bed cover
Clear corner lights
Grille mod
Centerline Matrix 5's
Nitto 555s
Hotchkis TVS rear springs
Belltech front springs
Bed rug
3 gauge pillar with AEM wideband, boost, and trans temp
15% window tent
Optima red top battery
Fog light mod

Engine mods:
JLP race intercooler reservoir
Ported Eaton and throttle body
Metco idler and pulleys
Durablue 6lb lower
K&N FIPK
Zex wet nitrous kit with heater and purge
Longtubes and custom mid pipe, no cats
Bassani catback
FTVB
4x4 trans pan
Lakewood slapper bars
SCT tuner
Amazon Tuning Solutions programming
C&L plenum
Boost bybass and no EGR

3773871909_7880a0a88f_o.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

I don't have any particular story that stands out. I just have many good stories street racing and how many comments I get no matter where I go.

3773872059_729deef447_o.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Well if I'm not doing anything vehicle related, I'm hunting or fishing depending on the season. Also like riding four wheelers, hanging out with some of my old friends, and watching them Razorbacks. I work at Evergreen Packaging in Pine Bluff, Arkansas where I work on a paper machine. Easiest way to describe it is, I make paper everyday. Its hot and has its days but the money ain't bad.

3774678620_fe266186a8_o.jpg

3773871683_f0d5475c49_o.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I have been a user since I first bought my truck and became a member just shortly after that. I guess I became a member on here mainly because all the help and advice I get off here. Anytime I have a problem or a headache everyone seems to chip in and help me figure it out.

3774678400_69ec5b5471_o.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

None that I know of.

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

It's just my first name and late name initial, nothing special really, just short and simple..

3773871435_a0e5cd3e55_o.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

Here shortly I should have a stall ready to go in and this winter I plan on going built with ported heads and stage 3 cams. I'll have to put up with the little eaton for a while but a Whipple is in the near future. I want a 10 second truck.

3773871971_d08b617813_o.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

Biggest person I would like to thank is my buddy Carter for always helping me with mods and issues, everyone on NLOC for sound advice and support, and Ron's Bolt for setting me up with a wicked Lightning.

3774678700_7535e3fa16_o.jpg

Congratulations to Ryan and his 2004 Sonic Blue Ford Lightning for Gen 2 Truck of the Month, August 2009 !

Last edited:
Great looking - truck too :)
I like that grill mod - looks like a chrome version of the stock one
Can you identify ,please
Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back