Attn: R/T owners

D

DJANIMATE

A co-worker of mine has the Durango R/T and he was wondering what mods are the best, so in your opinions what are the best mod's for the money without blowing his warranty?

Thanks,

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

Well, any mods he does doesn't void the warranty unless Dodge can prove that particular part screwed up his Durango. As far as exhaust goes, most guys aw running the Spintech Sport Truck/SUV muffler. A lot of guys turn to the 40 series Flowmaster. I myself have a Borla XR-1 Sportsman muffler. A single 3" pipe for the exhaust will do just fine. Anything Mopar (headers, chip) isn't going to void the warranty at all. K&N Gen II is probably the best cold air intake to buy. Another worth looking at is the Intense Performance II or III. Get a new throttle body as well. You can get a Fastman stock TB ported to 52mm for around $250. I personally went with a F&B Polished 50mm throttle body, it can be bored out to 53mm when I put my nitrous on (something you can't do with a stock ported). The 50mm flows just fine for N/A 5.9s but you'll want to switch to a bigger bore with N20 or SC. Tell him to go to www.southeastrt.com for any parts.

If he's looking for a new hood, nothing screams "MOPAR" better than a Proglass Shaker. ~$835 w/ K&N filter and recharge kit, ready to paint. If he's looking to add a blower, I hear that a special airbox for it will allow a blower hook-up. SWEET!

------------------
Black '99 CC R/T - Shaker, Powerslots, Accel

Black '98 WS6 Ragtop 6M -Speedster-Tonneau, Pro 5.0, custom sub, ....
Red/Blk '68 Cutlass S
'Cmon SVT! Make an Ext. Cab Lightning before I do something stupid like get married again!

Yo DJ ...the usual attack pattern shuld be practiced here....I'd start with a good cold air kit(kennebell or K/N),a pcm(mopar for warranty)...and if ya do that try an look into the m1 2bbl manifold..if ya can get it installed and under warranty by all means gooooooooo(highly recommend
wink.gif
)next is da big decision..the headers and exhaust cat and all...if ya want(and if ya do totaly up to u based on sound and level wanted(perf that is)....the exhaust will be aftermarket and yur Kuliana(responsibility)so i wouldnt factor exhaust part of warranty...write it off..
biggrin.gif
Now if ya are wild like me thennnnnn
GENTLEMEN START YUR ENGINES...the fun begins

i have real good repore with my dealer and they take care of me and they know that i like to play..if ya stay mellow and just for a fun ride get a supercharger(5 lbs only and have fun)if ya play mild(non race) yull enjoy lots of fun and da dealer will take care of ya...I had my tranny in for warranty work and kennebell was under hood and i didnt put in valet mode when they had it in
biggrin.gif
if ya are dat dude join da many many many many many many many (this is redundant) enthus who have blown DA BIG BUCKS and decided WHAT DA F"#@$..i still get some things now...my air conditioning,rear axle to name 2
biggrin.gif

dam i need a drink of water...cotton mouth
tongue.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph
da_surfas_beach.JPG

[This message has been edited by ultimatesurfa (edited 07-27-2001).]

Thanks guys, I'm going to point him to this thread so he can check it out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ultimatesurfa:
tongue.gif
</font>
fe54231d.jpg.orig.jpg

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

[This message has been edited by DJANIMATE (edited 07-27-2001).]

Billy BONG Thorton!!!

------------------
Nothing strikes faster than Lightning!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DJANIMATE:
Thanks guys, I'm going to point him to this thread so he can check it out.

Originally posted by ultimatesurfa:
tongue.gif
</font>
fe54231d.jpg.orig.jpg

HUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!
tongue.gif

------------------
Da ultimatesurfa
surfin your turf!!!
1999 CC dakota r/t
13.74@97mph