ARLOC Track Day

Frank5L

1.37 60' on Drag Radials
Ok, since we are all itching to get to the track this year, and we need to have a get together too, we need to plan a track day.

Centerville is open on Saturdays (Better for most obviously), and in April they start running on Sat Nites (Better air typically), but I'm pretty flexible. Thursday evenings are in Memphis (kinda difficult to get a large turnout because of work schedules) and in April Memphis TnTs move to Tuesday and Thursdays.

The 27th of March is a "day event" at Centerville, but right now it looks like its going to be nearly 80degrees saturday.

Lets try to get the max # of trucks out to support the chapter, so post when the best time for you would be to be able to show up! :tu:

Ok. Saturday works best for me. Saturday nights in April sound real good. I'll also be hitting Prescott on Friday nights (only 1-1.25 hours for me) in April for TnT. I probably won't due them back to back so let's watch the weather and pick a date.

I don't have any hard and fast plans on the calendar right now. Trying to sell my house and build another, but I plan to make this no matter what.

:dp:

Robert and I discussed this and we are still kinda in the air tomorrow. I think we'll probably go.

I know this is kinda late, but if anyone see's this, i know it will b 2 lightnings at prescott, and a few more fords having some grudge matches w/ some chevy boys. so if any one see this try 2 make it

If I didnt already have plans to go the other direction, I'd swing down there.

Robert may go down there cause he's only about an hour from the track down there.

Joey,

Did you go? I had to miss this weekend. Post up the details.

Robert

svt_racing99 said:
I know this is kinda late, but if anyone see's this, i know it will b 2 lightnings at prescott, and a few more fords having some grudge matches w/ some chevy boys. so if any one see this try 2 make it

I ran 9.82@103 today, well 9.820 and 9.821 and 9.850. If only the driver was as consistent...

Yea Robert, I made it, sorry u had 2 miss. The chevy boys that came to race me, one had a 350, the other a 383 (with slicks), their best times were some 11.50's. So when I busted off some consistant 10.70's and a best 10.69, I asked if they wanted some, they said no, not mine. They wanted to call out my cuz's stock lightning that was running radials. The 383 beat him by a few inches but, both the chevy's came in on trailers, and left on trailers. I drove my lightning all the way from Star City, and my cuz hauled his mustang behind his form Star City to Monroe friday night, and from Monroe to prescott today. If ya want anymore details let me know.

Well, damn. Sorry I missed it. Does Prescott switch to Friday night starting this week? I like the night air better anyway.

Joey, what tires were you on for those runs?

I noticed a green Chevy truck (70's model, rollpan) down there 2 Saturday's back running 9's. Even for a Chevy, it's a nice truck and he drove it in. Pretty sure he's running NOS. Most of the other trucks I see there either come in off the street and run 12's and up (way up).

yea, they start friday nite drags this friday at presscott. How far r u from monroe, they have a nice track, they have friday nite races,and it is 1/4mile. I think I am gonna run down there on the 9th to get in a few 1/4 times.

svt_racing99 said:
I run Mickey Thompson street e/t 26x10.5 r16 on eagle 16x10's. I am thinking of going to a 28x10.5 hoosier though.

I ran 11s on 26x11.5x16 ET Street. I dont think going with 28s is a good idea until you make over 450RWHP. JMO though.

Thanx for the advise! I was just thinking of trying them b/c i have not ran but a few other lightnings when mine was stock. one was a 03, and the other was a 01 both stock, and we was pretty even off the line, but on the other end i would pull offf form them about 2links, so I was thinking maybe it was the gear diffrencew/ the 3.55 vs.the 3.73.

It's about 4 hours for me from Benton to Monroe. It's been years since I drove it, though. How far is it for you? About the same as Star City to Memphis (2.5-3 hrs?)?

From what I've read, I agree with Frank on the size of the tires. I ran 12.65 in the 1/4 on 28" ET Streets with a slightly tweaked Predator tune. A few weeks before that I put out a mere 405hp on the dyno (70 or so degree weather and on a street tune). I haven't dynoed with the Predator tune at all but I know it runs a bit stronger (maybe 425hp). My best 1000' at Prescott was a 10.74 and that was on the superchip (street tune only). I went a couple weeks back and only pulled an 11.00 with a 1.8 sixty foot. I complained about the heat (85 degrees and humid) but I was also running on 555R's. And my AFR stayed fat at about 10.8-11.0 even with me leaning it out on the Predator.

I've got a new set of 26" ET Streets I'm ready to try out. I hope they help slightly. We'll see....

Monroe is around 2hrs. from StarCity, I think it is around 3 to memhis maybe a little less, but I have only been there one time,and don't remember exactly how to get to the track. there is another 1/4 mile in greenville,MS, it is only 1hr 45 min. but it is a s***y track. I would rather drive to memphis than go back there.

svt_racing99 said:
there is another 1/4 mile in greenville,MS, it is only 1hr 45 min. but it is a s***y track. I would rather drive to memphis than go back there.

:hail:

I would rather drive to texas to race than go back to that place.

Grady likes it though, his type of crowd down there...
:nb:

Back