are this good times

A

abel mtz

i'm new here and have one question, are this good times for my 93 lightning? my best 1/4 mile run is 14.600 at 94mph, an 1/8 at 9.330 and a 60ft. at 2.040, my mods are pullys, flowmasters, a nitrous kit from nitrous works jeted to 80hp and i'm also using a set of drag slicks. my l has 95,000 miles on it and ather than that is all stock. i live in san antonio tx. and it was a hot day.with out the nitrous my best run was a 15.500.

Abel: it's hard to say withought knowing the weather conditions, altitude etc... It does sound slow because my truck with exhaust pulleys and timing pulled a 14.6 in hot weather at Pomona CA. With the NOS id definately expect you to break into the low 14's and high 13's in decent conditions.

It does sound slow for a nos run. My '94 w/x-pipe, flowmasters,K&N panel filter, & 100 shot of nos ran a 13.90 on radials spinning past the tree. It also has a heavy bed cover w/ Rino Liner in the bed.

My best 1/8 mile on radials is an 8.80 @ 81 mph. I'm in the Dallas area so I think that the weather conditions are similar(ran it last Thursday night).

I have my timing set at 9* and with about 1000 psi in the bottle, it rips! Now if I can just find some slicks...

You want slicks? What size are you looking for? I know of a set of 29x9.5s are, very cheap (I think that's the correct size)

Let me know,
Trace
smile.gif

Originally posted by abel mtz:
i'm new here and have one question, are this good times for my 93 lightning? my best 1/4 mile run is 14.600 at 94mph, an 1/8 at 9.330 and a 60ft. at 2.040, my mods are pullys, flowmasters, a nitrous kit from

Seems a little slow to me.. My best in a 90 model 454SS is a 9.21 @ 75.81, 2.070 60 ft time on street tires. No nitrous, but have some other mods. Stock heads. With slicks you should be able to launch a little harder than that. At least 1.9 or so 60 ft times, or lower.

Trace,

How much for the slicks?? E-mail me.

Thanks,
Kyle

The pair of slicks is $200 with tubes (they're about that each, with tubes, new), you pay shipping. They've got about 10 passes on them and I don't do big smokey burnouts, so there's a lot of life left in them.

They're 29.5x9.5 MT ET Drags.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

Jeff,
What size of rims were you running the slicks on? Ive been thinking of buying a set too.
Thanks

Back