Are there really only 143 people that drag race their Lightnings?

D

Daninwisconsin

It's just kind of interesting knowing that there is about 20,000 Lightnings out in the world and that only 143 people have posted times that they have run at the track.

There are more than 20,000 out there. About 11,000 Gen 1s and 7,500 Gen2s per year, I think.

------------------
Rod K.

'93 Lightning #1529 NLOC #675
13.27 @ 101.55 Au Natural
We dont need no stinkin power adder!! or do I?
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??
usf26.gif

Hey Dan How's it goin? I wish I had a time slip for my truck, but I can't race due to liability reasons(although I did get the opportunity this fall, but it rained
frown.gif
) So for now, all I have is a best G-Tech time of 14.11. I don't think people would be too happy comparing a G-Tech time to a time-slip. - Brian

------------------
94 Red Lightning
SVT Build #1706
NLOC #674 MiLOC #16
K-B Supercharger (7psi), BAP, and plug wires
K&N Filter, 180* Thermostat, Diesel Tube
Bassani x-pipe, Crane ps-91 coil and HI-6Tr Ign., Aeromotive FPR
EEC-Tuner

Waiting to be installed:
level-ten shift kit
Rancho Torque Arms
30lb. injectors

My Other Toy:
78 Trans Am 400 w/nitrous

oh yeah BTW just because there are only 143 trucks on the list doesnt mean thats all there is out there drag racing. hell i know of 5 Ls just here in town that arent on that list

also where are the 14 second Gen2s? i know ive seen several before but none are listed

Yea we only have what around 400 people on this site dont we?

You have to remember, there are those that hae bought the trucks for the value. They sock 'em away in storage somewhere and rarely, if ever, drive them. I know one guy here in Tennessee that only has about 500 miles on his '99. Crazy but true! Then you have to realize not every L owner is on the web, and even less are aware or interested in a website dedicated to the L.

------------------
Red '00 Lightning #681
Blk '95 Mustang GT Conv.

The truck isn't in my name for insurance reasons. - Brian

I race mine, but I don't have braggin' rights for what it runs vs. what I've spent in mods...

------------------
Brendon Hale
Black '94L #620 born Thursday, February 24, 1994 NLOC #662
Green(ish) '84 Bronco II-hoosiermobile
'86 Honda CR125R MX'er

Mike,
The reason there is no 14 second slips is beacuse the only 14.0 second trucks should be the 99's and 00's. They will do 14.0's all day long stock. The 01's run 13.8-13.5 stock. Hope this answers your question. If you have an L that runs 14.2 or slower then the driver doesn't know how drive it!!!! My .02

------------------
Woodie
99 Black L
Best 12.88 @ 104.93
All JL Enhanced
http://home.columbus.rr.com/strikez

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Litng1:
Yea we only have what around 400 people on this site dont we?</font>

Actually there are around 2700 registered users and 1913, as of today, who have made contributions (more than a couple of posts in the Classifieds section).

Jeff
Nice to see just how many guys use the site isn't it.That's a ton of users with more conming on board everyday,(due to your great work at updatingg the board as we ask you too) your a ton of help and well appreciated.
Jerry Hart

------------------
J MAN
2000 SILVER
MANY MODS
BEST ET 12.29 @ 109.49
President Of The National Lightning Owners Club #683
" I wasn't Speeding Officer, I was Qualifying "

Holy crap didnt know we had that many people here.Hmm My truck is stock and Im not going to add any mods to it.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Litng1:
Hmm My truck is stock and Im not going to add any mods to it.</font>

Right (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
And I have some lovely ocean-front property I'd like to sell.

Back