April 2009 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month–Congrats Steve ("99WhiteBeast") White (NLOC 1075)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9tac

April 2009 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Steve ("99WhiteBeast") White (NLOC# 1075).

This month's Gen 1 TOTM hails from the great state of Texas. Steve's truck is a fine example of what a clean truck should look like. Everything Steve's done to his truck stands out and turns heads when he's out and about. Thanks for being a part of the Lightning community and congrats on being April's Truck of The Month!

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

I first fell in love with the looks of the truck in '93/'94. I could not afford one at the time. When I got word in early '98 via some performance magazines that SVT was putting together a Gen II I was pumped. I immediately begin working additional overtime and saving my money. In Jan of 1999 I put down $1,000 deposit on a white '99 to be delivered in June sight unseen. All I knew about the trucks was what I was reading in the magazines at the time. It was a long 6 months waiting for that truck but well worth the wait. I still have the '99 and have owned one 95 and now own the '93. I’ve never had more enjoyment out of any vehicle I’ve owned and it has allowed me to make some great friends in the process.

right_side_3_4.JPG

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

I’ve been a Ford guy most of my life. My brother owned a cherry '68 Mustang in high school that must have had an impression on me. He drove it for several years and then let it sit. I eventually bought it from him and restored it back to its originally luster. I later owned a '95 GT with the 5.0 and some basic bolt on’s. I still have a soft spot for anything Mustang related.

99Driver_Side_Front_Clip_postable.jpg

LBigBendRanch2.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

I’ve just recently acquired the '93 and its previous owner had done just about everything. I have made no changes to the truck since I bought it. It was acquired from a good friend whom had to sell but wanted it to go to a good home. It has 51k original miles on the chassis and 10k on the motor.

Here’s the go to it now:
  • Freshened up 351 balanced and blueprinted
  • SRP forged pistons yielding 10.25:1 C/R
  • Cam Motion Hydraulic cam
  • Steeda roller rockers
  • Hardened push rods
  • Ported AFR185 heads
  • Pickrel long tubes
  • Pickrel CAI
  • Extrude honed-gasket matched-ceramic coated GT40 lower
  • Accufab 65mm TB
  • Art Carr 2400 stall with Art Carr Valve body
  • Still on Speed Density

engine11.JPG

And the current show:
  • Powder Coated Upper Intake
  • Powder Coated Upper Intake cover (Lightning Logo)
  • Powder Coated Cold Air Intake to match upper
  • Jet Hot coated lower intake
  • Jet Hot coated headers
  • Polished Accufab 65mm T-body
  • Chrome Valve Covers
  • Chrome T-stat Housing and Upper Rad Hose
  • '99 Style Chrome wheels with Nitto rubber on all 4 corners

engine21.JPG

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

I bought the truck from a friend and fellow Lightning enthusiast. He was given the truck from his Dad. The prior owner had it at a local Ford dealership while looking at Mustangs one day. Jack Roush just happened to be at the dealership and saw the truck and said it was “it's one of the cleanest '93's I’ve seen.” He signed the truck on top of the radiator.
Both of my trucks have been to LFest, my '99 for the 1st 5 LFest's and my '93 with the previous owner in 2006

SideView_July07.JPG

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I’m 43 and work for a wire and cable distributor supporting and implementing our warehouse computer systems. I like to be involved in any kind of motorsports activities and go to and participate in as many as possible. I’m married to a wonderful and understanding wife with 4 children. We spend the majority of our time on the soccer fields in our area watching our kids play club ball. My hobbies are mountain biking and bowling….mark it 8 dude.

Pic_at_Lake2.JPG

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I’ve been on the boards since 2000 but did not become a member till Feb 2002. I like NLOC because of all the expertise and great members willing to help answer and solve problems collectively.

Sat1_012205.JPG

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

For the most part I like the layout. I do miss the old style of classified sections prior to the change.

25085-296-17922.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

I took a good friend of mine for a ride when I first got my '99. He was shocked and awed by the power and pucker factor. When we pulled back into my driveway after the said event occurred he said, “This thing is a beast.” Hence the screen name 99Whitebeast.

Both_Trucks_Side_by_Side_Aug2008_small.JPG

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

I would like to lower the stance a bit and maybe go back with some chromed stock 17’s. I really like the look of the stock wheels. I also plan to add a power adder at some point. I would like to chop and tuck the tube bumper like I did on my '95 to clean the rear up a bit.

25085-296-17924.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together??

I would have to say my friend Bad Rob whom I acquired the truck from. He did the bulk of the work and gave me the opportunity to buy a gem of a truck.

left_side1.JPG

Congratulations to Steve and his 1993 Red Gen 1 Truck of the Month, April 2009!

Last edited by a moderator:
nice L...... and bowling….mark it 8 dude. lol..... I love that movie....... but smokey was over the line......

Great looking truck!

You mentioned you'd like to get chromed stock rims...I thought you'd like to see what it may look like. This was my first '93. Chrome against red looks great!
93_lightning_1.jpg

BTW, I love the powder coated upper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back