April 2008 Gen 1 - TOTM - Congratulations Roddy "Hotrodn93L" Jenkins! (NLOC#663)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9tac

April 2008 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Roddy (Hotrodn93L ) Jenkins! (NLOC #663)

Here's another great example of a Gen 1 Lightning. Roddy’s truck is spectacular! Once you’re finished being awed with how the truck looks on the outside, wait until he opens the door so you can take a look at the stereo system on the inside. Congrats to Roddy for being April’s Truck of The Month!

Roddy_Pics_084.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

When I was a kid, I read an article about a new truck Ford was making called the Lightning. The article said that the Lightning was Ford’s answer to the Chevy 454SS. From then on, I was always reading up on Lightnings and drooling over them at car shows. I wished I could have one. When I was finally able to get one, it was a dream come true.

Roddy_Pics_087.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

I had always driven trucks that were made for hauling trailers or doing farm work. It was a big difference to drive something that was made for speed and performance. Driving a Lightning is like nothing else. Also, I have always been big on keeping my vehicles clean, but my Lightning is always spotless. It hardly ever sees a rain drop.

161696969-M.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Where do I begin…For show, I have a Cervini ram air hood, billet grille, diamond cut headlights and turn signals, Hella 300 driving lights, Bermuda black Euro taillights, billet antenna, billet license plate frame, 20”x8.5” KMC Six Pack Wheels, 295/45/20” BFG KDW tires, Eibach springs, Bell Tech shackles, Bed Rug, 5% over 5% window tint, billet rearview mirror, UPR billet throughout the interior, triple pillar gauge pod with cobalt fuel pressure, volts and boost gauges. And my personal favorite, a custom center console with 3 Kicker L7 subs, Kicker components and SX 600 & SX 1250 Kicker amps. For go, I don’t have near as much, but I have: a cold air kit, Flowmaster 40 series and no cats with stock exit.

Roddy_Pics_089.jpg

Roddy_Pics_092.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

When I first got my Lightning, I parked it in a storage unit to protect it because I didn’t have a garage. I only drove it on Sundays (a true Sunday driver.) Then, I sold my daily driver and the L took its place. It was a sad day. I drove the wheels off it because I had an out of town girlfriend. It paid off, she married me. But now I drive it maybe a mile a day, unless it’s going to rain of course. Then I take the family car. The L is always spotless.
Roddy_Pics_097.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.
Well, as you probably know, my name is Roddy Jenkins. I live in Stillwater, OK with my wife, Ashley, and our two babies. I will be 30 this year. I manage a full service car wash and detail cars every day. I get to drive a lot of really cool, expensive cars. I really enjoy my job. After all, I get to spend all day surrounded by cars and trucks! When I’m not working, I’m spending time with my family. My daughter, Ava, is 2 and my son, Owen, is 1. I like teaching them about the Lightning and letting them help me clean it (they can reach the wheels.) We also like hanging out with friends and taking weekend trips. But my favorite trip was to L-Fest last fall with my dad. We had a great time.

Roddy_Pics_129.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I have been a member for about 6 ½ years. I joined in August of 2001. I wanted to become a member of NLOC because I wanted to be able to talk to guys who were just as into their trucks as I was. Also, there are lots of things to learn about Lightnings and lots of interesting stories from other owners about their trucks. If I ever have a question or a story I want to tell about my truck, it’s a sure bet that someone on NLOC will have an answer.

Roddy_Pics_082.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

Nothing! I like the site just the way it is. Easy and fun. I get on NLOC at least once a day.

Roddy_Pics_094.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

My name is Roddy and as a kid people started calling me HotRod. It just kinda stuck. It was even a personal tag that I had on one of my old trucks. Then once I got my ’93 Lightning, I just added it to the end to get Hotrodn93L. Now HOTRODN is the tag on my truck.

20070923-DSC_4946.jpg

Roddy_Pics_102.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

Plans are only plans if you have the money to make them happen. But, I guess my dreams for future mods are: a blower, traction bars, a rebuilt rear end with Eaton Posi, upgrade the fuel system, electric fans, pulleys, tuner, smog delete, add more interior mods, add billet pieces under the hood, and a Stroker motor would be nice too.

2007-09-21_14-24-21DSC_3869.jpg

10. This is where you link favorite websites, your website, family pictures and add any other comments.

I’d like to thank my dad for getting me into cars to begin with and helping me get my Lightning to where it is today—and also for going with me to L-Fest. Thanks to my wife, Ashley, and our babies for supporting me and being proud of me and my truck. Thanks to Toby at Kicker for the awesome Kicker sound. Thanks to all the NLOC guys for all the help over the years. And, of course, thanks for TOTM!

Roddy's parents, Richard and Pat
Roddy_Pics_172.jpg

Congratulations to Roddy Jenkins and his 1993 Black Ford Lightning for Gen 1 Truck of the Month, April 2008!

A GREAT BIG CONGRATS to you Roddy for a beautiful truck ! Pictures don't show how much of a "grab ya" factor your truck has !! Indeed a pleasure to meet you at L Fest and to look over your truck. It is a STANDOUT amongst Gen 1's...

Scott

Beautiful Truck, Roddy!!!! Congratulations!!!!

We really need to get some kind of calander or program going here. All these beautiful Lightnings need to be on a wall framed up.

Randy

Congrats man::: TOTM was a great addition to the NLOC. It makes for interesting reading and puts a story behind each truck. Those Subs look totally nuts crammed between the seats :D The 20's look kinda nice on your ride too, good choise!!!:eek:ldtu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back