Anyone Want to Participate in the Petty Ride-Along Experience in KC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
We have been contacted by the Richard Petty group (I know he is a Dodge man!:rolleyes: ).
They are offering to make available to LightningFest participants, slots in their Ride-Along program at Kansas Speedway, during the LightningFest weekend.:tu:
The Ride-Along Experience consists of 3 laps at high speed in a 2 seat 600 HP NASCAR style race car.:eek:
The car will be driven by a "professional instructor and you will experience a breathtaking NASCAR style qualifying run.":D

Depending on the number of people from our event that wish to participate, the fee would be between $99-$125 per person.:bout:

If there is enough interest, we will pursue this opportunity. The Petty group will be offering ride slots on 23rd, 24th, 25th of Sept. I assume that the 25th would be the best date for our event participants?!:?

Please let us know soon so we can continue dialog with the Petty group.

...Dwight...

Just my .02, but if you want to do something like that, do Dale Jarrett's. You drive w/ an instructor in the passenger seat AND you can pass! I did that at Kansas Speedway and would like to again, but 14 laps just wasn't enough!

Here's the BUT - the motors are probably restricted. I did 140 mph at only 4500 rpm! Man, I would have liked to uncork that thing. Wife went on a 3-lap ride-along and loved it, though. Looked like he was doing the same speed I was.

It's a blast whether you drive or ride. For some reason, I don't think a ride-along is gonna satisfy you, Bobby!

Well... I wouldn't mind spending 100 bucks for a ride in a nascar...

But that may be just something we Finnish girls love... speed and dangerous situations...

I would do it! Should see if we could drive our trucks on the track a couple of laps. :) :drool:

Schedule Conflict?

According to what I've found, the Good Guys Car Show is at Kansas Speedway the same weekend - Sept 23-25. So, I would think this would be a conflict unless the Richard Petty Driving deal is part of the Good Guys Show?

I think the Richard Petty deal is the weekend before?

According to the information they sent to me, they will be at Kansas Speedway September 22-25, 2005.

Contacted the people at Richard Petty, and their event at Kansas Speedway 22-25 has been canceled. Good call, Vern. Just got the notification this morning!!!

Sorry people, this is a dead item!

I did the ride along deal at Daytona SEVERAL years ago. They were still averaging around 180 for the ride along deal!!! They have restricted them down quite a bit now, and nearly tripled the price too!!!

That was a THRILL to say the least!

a three lap ride along??? ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Boring Boring Boring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back