Anyone know about this trick?

P

Pete187Rock

Its a trick with the digital odometer that shows you real time tachometer and speedometer and even shows DTC's and its built into the factory computer on the newer ford trucks and some cars.

Pretty cool, somebody was selling the big secret on Ebay for awhile. I think you hold the trip reset button and turn the ignition on at the same time. Worked on my 02 Hd.

Squish said:
Pretty cool, somebody was selling the big secret on Ebay for awhile. I think you hold the trip reset button and turn the ignition on at the same time. Worked on my 02 Hd.

Yeah it costed me 2 bucks on ebay to find it out and I worked at Ford for almost 2 years and NEVER heard about this. lol

go to mustangworld.com , and search, there is a huge list of what all the codes and stuff mean. and you dont have to pay that guy off ebay.

just got in from trying this and it worked on my 2000 L. now only if it would show boost some how, if i could only get that lucky!

I'm out to sea right now... I'll try it when i get back on Friday, but where does it display this information?
If anyone figures out how to get it to show boost... please let me know.
-Brian.

Ive used it at work for years,mostly for just a quick check for the panel bulbs and gauge functions,, there is also a way to turn the seatbelt buzzer off that is equally impressive

Ive used it at work for years,mostly for just a quick check for the panel bulbs and gauge functions,, there is also a way to turn the seatbelt buzzer off that is equally impressive

mind sharing that before i decide to cut my harness and loop it or what not...

Back