Any using this ZEX boost switch?

svtbarry

[img=http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3773/photoiw.th.jpg]

Zex sent me this switch ( part # 82081 ) to install in my existing system. It's supposed to kick in the spray just for a very brief period ( just a couple of seconds until boost is built ) but the switch is very differant from the one shown in their parts list, so the install instructions don't help any. Is anyone using this switch in their system? Can anyone help with pics or diagrams on how to install this. Thanks.

It looks as if you use it as a micro switch but this one will get vacuum to turn the system off even though the micro switch is still activated. Looks like a good part.

It goes in-line with the wire that connects between the ZEX box and your throttle position sensor (white wire). Just connect one side to the terminal on the bottom... the other side to the terminal on the top I believe. Use whichever one is connected with no boost present, should show it connected on the diagram on the part. You could use a meter just to double check (the other side is disconnected with no boost and connects when the set boost level is hit).

So the wiring goes throttle body sensor... bottom terminal... top terminal... then to the ZEX box.

A boost reference line connects to the inlet there. If there is a nipple on the other side you should cap it.

Hope that helps :cool:.

No, not yet, still doing a bit of plumbing in. Work schedule is very busy right now ( thank goodness ). I'll let you know when I'm done, only now I'm thinking of spraying a 75 shot for the whole 1/4 :grin1:

No, not yet, still doing a bit of plumbing in. Work schedule is very busy right now ( thank goodness ). I'll let you know when I'm done, only now I'm thinking of spraying a 75 shot for the whole 1/4 :grin1:

I'm redoing my cams and downpipe in two weeks, then I'm throwing on the 75shot. I will be also running it the whole 1/4 mile.

I just found out that you have the red beast. I hope to see you in Old town.

Back