another "guess my 1/4 time" thread...

GTPvsSVT

Stage II Blower Cams
Sorry guys, but I have to do it...Track opens here (brand new surface) sometime after this week, but I want to know what to expect...

mods:
4# lower
boost cooler meth injection
ported upper plenum
jlp CAI
pred. tune
slapper bars
BFG drag radials on stock rims
tr6 plugs

thanks guys!

Kent

well, went to the 1/8th mile today...best 60' was only 1.974 but I did run a 8.4 at 81.5 mph...Best time and 60', but not the best reaction time and mph...

best mph was 85mph and best reaction time was .750

with all the conversions out there, that would put me at about a 13.2x quarter mile...I can work with that

Kent

just a touch...I would like to try baggin the tires down to about 16 lbs next time, but I won't have to drive home on them either...

they were at about 27 lbs this time.

With my BFG DR's (295/60r15) I found that the more pressure I let out, the more I would spin. I could feel the *** end of my truck wiggling the whole way down the track with 18 psi. I keep around 30psi in mine now.

I expect you should be able to get a high 12. The 4# pulley means that you are making 4 pounds more than stock right? So you should be making 12psi no? I'll be shocked if you hook up and can't get a 12.

P.S.
I just spin mine enough to clean them off in the burnout box. I don't do a smoke show. Even this way, when I get to the end of the 1/4 my tires are quite warm, to the point that rocks melt their way into the tires just by driving over them.
This year I'm going to practice to see how little I can warm them up and still hook.
Maybe this info will help you some. Good luck hunting the 12's.

~Ken power.

they are finishing up the 1/4 at the same track...just isn't done yet so they are stopping at the 1/8th. I'll be sure to post up the results when I do run that because I'm excited to see if I can't break 12s...

Kent

Back