Alternate Plans for 23-Apr-2005

i guess this means i dont have to build pools today since its rain/snowing out. yaaaeeee

Man, you guys are killing me. No one made a plan?!? :(

Ok, let's see, what to do.

I cooked the gumbo yesterday since I knew I had to work today. It didn't turn out to my normal standards (somehow I managed to put too much salt in it, I think, but hopefully it mellowed overnight).

So, the next person who reads this make the call, my place or a wing/burger joint, tonight at 7:00 or tomorrow. I'm good for any of it. Just wanted to do something... keep the momentum going.

Katy said I can go to Hooters or wherever. But every time I say let's go there to eat I get hit, or a dirty look.:confused: [Insert by editor: If I needed to stare at those while I eat, I'd take off my shirt - (he wishes)]

Speedin' is out today (don't know about tonight) and Matt said Sunday is better. Either day works for me. But not too late on Sunday, I need my beauty sleep (as in, if I don't get enough sleep, then use power tools, I won't be beautiful anymore).

Katy came up with a new name.....

Bad
A$$
Lightning
Lovers
Society

Getting ready to hit the road for the weekend and recon the Gen 1. Might be back in time... Dunno yet.

Gumbo...mmmmmmm

Stay warm guys!

Bob

I am pretty open. Wifes friend is moving in six houses down..yes six houses down. So I may be called to help with that but she has movers moving the big stuff anyways.

I should be off work this weekend, tried getting me to work tonight but I said I would rather not so I am open either way I think.

Ok, sounds like everyone is good for tonight since Matt isn't building pools and Speedy will likely be back in time? See you guys around 7:00?

If the new guys want in, PM me and I'll get you directions. I'll be at work until 4:00 or so.

We'll rent a movie, play video games (if you haev PS2 or X-box games that you want to try out on the big screen, bring 'em along) and hang out in the basement? That OK with everyone? Sounds like a modern version of "That 70s Show." Lots of non-alcoholic beverages left from last time. BYOB otherwise. ;)

BTW, Indiana shrimp suck (at least the ones they sell at Marsh). Ick.

Jeff, what is in the Gumbo?
Do we need to bring chips or ??
If the new guys want to meet someplace, I live in Noblesville.
I will take 37,69,465 over.

FMOS Racing said:

If the new guys want in, PM me and I'll get you directions. I'll be at work until 4:00 or so.

You've got a pm.

or...........if anybody wants to let me follow them over, that works too!!!:tongue:

Basically the same ingredients as the jambalaya in a slightly different ratio (onions, bellpepper, celery, chicken, andouille), plus a browned-flour roux and I threw a few shrimp in it (no shrimp stock or anything like that). The shrimp were a mistake, they're pretty nasty.

Chips are always good. I still have leftover burgers from last weekend, too. I don't know how picky some of you guys are, but it's still within my timeframe for edible. ;) Cherie will bake cookies.

BTW, ladies are welcome. I know Cherie enjoys having some company that isn't talking about things that require oil or grease.

^^^Sure. There is a Speedway right at the intersection. We can meet there at around 6:00, if that's good for you.

edit: I haven't decided whether or not to bring my girlfriend. hmmmmm.............:devious:

Last edited:
Jeff I hope that gumbo has a SMALL kick to it. It was snowing when we left Target about 3pm.

Sorry guys, can't make it today.

We'll be spending another night at the 'rent's. Have some business to attend to here on Monday.

Jeff,

Shrimp from Marsh = NOOOOOOO

Sam's Club of all places ususally has some pretty good seafood (Jumbo shrimp, scallops, Salmon, etc) and steaks also.

Bob

Jeff thanks for hosting again.

Speedin you missed so good gumbo. How did the truck look?

Back