air filter lid

GT347SC

im pretty sure i know the answer already but is the lightning the only truck that didnt use the dual snorkle lid? the truck i just bought has a busted lid and i need a new one. Im rigging a cone on it for now but want the right lid.

im pretty sure i know the answer already but is the lightning the only truck that didnt use the dual snorkle lid? the truck i just bought has a busted lid and i need a new one. Im rigging a cone on it for now but want the right lid.

yup!

Lightnings and mass air trucks have single hose lids. All v8 speed density Broncos and F150, 250 and 350s used the dual snorkle lids. Im not completely sure about the straight 6 trucks though.

**Except L's**, all other MAF F-series & Broncos use the same air filter box (3 mounting screws, single outlet) regardless of engine.

I have a spare MAF lid if you can't find one locally. Contact me by e-mail (not PM) if you need it.

Last edited:

Pretty sure I got my old stock L air box lid in the shed. PM me if you want it.

All MAF F-series & Broncos use the same air filter box (3 mounting screws, single outlet) regardless of engine.

I have a spare MAF lid if you can't find one locally. Contact me by e-mail (not PM) if you need it.

thats incorrect...look at your pic,it has a meter on it.lightning airboxes don t have this.

IMAG0138.jpg

Does the meter bolt on to a mass air lid? If so I can get or make an adapter like is used to put a cone on the end of a bolt on meter. Just using the adapter backwards.

What part of it is busted? Automotive Goop (AG) will repair under dash heater boxes. You can pick up a tube of AG at most auto part stores. It is sandable and paintable once it is cured. Can you post a pic of the damage?

James

Does the meter bolt on to a mass air lid? If so I can get or make an adapter like is used to put a cone on the end of a bolt on meter. Just using the adapter backwards.

Yes you can use a 80mm maf adaptor....or I can sell you one of my spare boxes.

giddyup
Thanks for correcting me - I've edited my post to reduce confusion.

Is the box in your pic used in all L's, or just the non-MAF ones?

What part of it is busted? Automotive Goop (AG) will repair under dash heater boxes. You can pick up a tube of AG at most auto part stores. It is sandable and paintable once it is cured. Can you post a pic of the damage?

James

One corner of the lid is missing alowing it to suck air around the filter. The truck is not home yet. so no pics

Back