For Sale: AEM Series 1 + Quick 4

FMOS Racing

PSI=:-D
I Support the NLOC
This is the setup I've had on my truck for the past few years. It's not as advanced as the PiMP, but it's a huge step up from the circa 1989 technology running the trucks.

• AEM Series 1 PnP (Plug aNd Play) for a mass air Mustang. This can be used either mass air or speed density. I started off mass air and converted to speed density, and the AEM 2.5 bar MAP is included. This is NOT PnP for our trucks. You have to convert to sequential injection. I stripped down an early 90s Mustang engine harness to just the injector wiring and wired that into my factory 60-pin connector. You have to remove a few of the factory connections, which are for transmission functions and the stock injectors, when you do this. The Quick 4 takes over the transmission functions.

You can download the software for the Series 1 here - https://www.aemelectronics.com/products/instructions/software-downloads#series1

The Series 2 software is nicer and DOES work, but they do say there can be incompatibilities. I didn't run across any in my use, but I also didn't try to use any of the more advanced functionality.

• US Shift Quick 4 - I think everyone here knows that this is. I bought one through Ed, so it had all the nice looming, harness and such included.

You can download the software for the Quick 4 here - https://www.usshift.com/software.shtml

• 2' Splitter Harness - 60-pin to 60-pin connector. I used this for the breakout for the transmission functions and wired a harness for the Quick 4 to plug into it. So, basically, after you wire in the injectors, the stock factory harness plugs into this, this harness plugs into the AEM PnP and the Quick 4. Route the supplied solenoid harness to the transmission and away you go.
This arrangement and hardware worked great and has much of the functionality of any other modern standalone tuning option. Boost control is a bit limited compared to the PiMP, but for a blower truck, this would be a great option. It actually has more resolution in the tuning tables, which is both blessing and curse. The autotuning is not as good as TunerStudio's but it will get you close and is a lot better than what I was dealing with in the FAST, FAST XFI and BS3 back in the early 2000s (same period as when this was current).

This will also work the emissions components if you still need to have those functional. It also will use all of the stock 60-pin connector inputs for the Mustang, so if you're not using the smog equipment, you can use those inputs and outputs for other functions. In addition, it has an expansion harness for a dozen more inputs/outputs.

The splitter harness and Quick 4 can be used with any EEC-IV Mustang computer, so the AEM, any A9L variant, EPEC, any MS PnP, PiMP without the shifting functions, etc will all plug into the harness and use the Quick 4.

I'm willing to separate the Quick 4 and harness from the AEM.

• AEM PnP + AEM 2.5 bar MAP - $450 + shipping.
  • Quick 4 + Harness - $650 + shipping. (SOLD)

I'll get pictures up during my holiday time off.

Last edited:
Pictures
5906bf3f3aa5a0f6f7196f03688eee6d.jpg
a9813d0b35a0e782a8d5c6245c4b21e8.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

One last bump before I start splitting it up. It's a nice, fully programmable option for a modified truck.

If anyone knows a Fox Body buyer for the AEM, awesome. If not, it'll go on eBay.

AEM with 2.5 bar MAP still available. Plug and play for anything using an A9 family EEC-IV.

Back