TXRickC

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
1998 Ranger (stock)
Toredor Red Ext. Cab XLT
3.0 V6 Auto w/24,974 miles
Ole'school crank windows and cassette
New cheapo tires (stock 14" wheels)

pops bought another truck so he can put a lift gate on it and said he had one too many trucks now. $275.00 :tu:

I removed the stock radio and my stock 6-Disc in dash from the Lightning plugged in and works fine, needs some window tint next.

98ranger1.jpg

Sportin' an extra NLOC decal :cool:
98ranger2.jpg

I love my little 4 banger Ranger. 10 years old and it has only had a starter come loose, the gas gauge died, and then normal maintenance. It is also alot easier to dive into a car project when you don't have to have it ready for work the next day.
Also, if your dad wants to sell anymore cars at that price, give me a call.:eek:
Any plans for the 4th? I am coming into town on the 3rd and leaving on the 7th.
Enjoy it.
Mark

yup, it'll be nice to have a back up now when the one of the others is down.

went through the ranger over the weekend, I noticed the idle stumbles when it's cold, in drive but stopped at a light. Also maybe a miss around 40-50mph.

changed- oil, filter, air filter, fuel filter, pcv, plugs, wires.

going to price out a coil pack and air idle control valve and see if maybe that'll cure it.

3.0 Rangers are notorious for rough idle. I had one for 5 years before the L. Also, be sure to be on the lookout for oil consumption. By the 110,000 miles mine had when I sold it, it was burning about 1qt between oil changes. Also, watch for the speed limiter at about 104. You'll think you blew your engine the way the power gets cut out. BTW, here's a great forum. http://www.fordranger.com/

-Edward

Last edited:
104 in the ranger :eek: i doubt I'll get it up to that point, lol

After reading on a few ranger forums, the idle is a normal deal. I need to look into the coil pack still, found there was a TSB on them back in 2000.

She needs some 5x7/6x8s swapped in the doors and tint asap :tu:

Be nice to find some stock premium mustang GT wheels (polished 01 cobra style) down the road anlog with a 3/4 drop kit :tipsy:

Go the other way with it. 31's and a prerunner lift. That way it doesn't bottom out coming home from Home Depot.
I put 31's on my Ranger because they were free off of my mom's Durango but my they have grown on my.
Mark

tooslow said:
Go the other way with it. 31's and a prerunner lift. That way it doesn't bottom out coming home from Home Depot.

I'm not wanting to bag it and throw sparks :D Just rid the wheel well gap a little. It's down the road still, still like a catback & SCT programmer for the L later this year.

1998 Toreador Red Ranger XLT Ext. Cab 3.0 Auto stock
sigpic.jpg

Visit the Austin Lightning Owners Club website at www.austinlightning.com

Back