A.R size???

Blow&Go

Well I'll spill the beans a little on my combo. I need some help picking the correct A.R size. Some companys say a .96, other say .81 and even .68 on the master power unit. I know that it will determine how soon the turbos spool but I don't wnat to choke the motor off. SO here it is and if ICEPICK is around what is the a.r. on your setup. I plan to spin the motor to 6500.And I'm set on TWIN t70 for this combo!!

World 444 C.I stroker 4.080 X 4.25
TEA TFS R stage 2s
Cam 244 split 650 split
Custom 1 7/8 headers
Intercooled
Blow thru carb

Time to buy TURBOS!!!!! Ya Baby!!!
Any IDEAS??!

Thank you
Jerry M.

Last edited:
If you have a 444... you need 2 MP T70s... Otherwise you're gonna choke the motor.

Wait you ask for ideas but you are set on the t70??

Last edited:
Blow&Go said:
Well I'll spill the beans a little on my combo. I need some help picking the correct A.R size. Some companys say a .96, other say .81 and even .68 on the master power unit. I know that it will determine how soon the turbos spool but I don't wnat to choke the motor off. SO here it is and if ICEPICK is around what is the a.r. on your setup. I plan to spin the motor to 6500.And I'm set on the t70 for this combo!!

World 444 C.I stroker 4.080 X 4.25
TEA TFS R stage 2s
Cam 244 split 650 split
Custom 1 7/8 headers
Intercooled
Blow thru carb

Time to buy TURBOS!!!!! Ya Baby!!!
Any IDEAS??!

Thank you
Jerry M.

Master Power T70's come with .68 A/R's. I would just use them and upgrade later if the housings don't work. They aren't expensive... A guy on the LS1 board just used a pair on a 3XX sized LS1 and claimed they spooled good. They aren't to big either according to this picture....

http://www.forcedinductions.com/images/810015.gif

Sorry but yes this is a twin setup and I've allready looked at these sites to make this decision. I'm just wondering if the .68 ar is too small.

How much power are you trying to make? A couple PT67 P-trims should support around 1400+ flywheel and not be too expensive.

After putting all that money into the engine, seems kinda odd to me to skimp out on the turbos which will have SO much impact on how the combination works.

- Brian

Well on my street "Pump Gas" tune I'll be runing about 11 psi and making 750Whp. On my strip kill tune at 24 psi it should produce 1200whp. I've looked hard at the precision brand and 60s thru 76s and the 70 seems to be best overall. I've talked to turbonetics, PT, and several more the 70s are about 2400 for the pair.

I would not go with twin T70s unless you plan on running a lot of boost!!! They are the most effecient upwards of 15 psi.
With the engine combo you can figure around 500+ rwhp without the turbos. If you want that little power with that big of an engine you may want to think about it. Thats a waste of an engine.

Have you shipped Nater's stuff yet?

Back