A post to the moderators/web admin

should there be a seperate predator/computer tuning forum

• yes, a seperate forum for the predator and all its information is a good idea

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • no, that's a lame idea a this predator thing won't last long

Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters

andy

Sucks Gas, Hauls *****!
considering how big the predator will be and it's versatility do you guys think that it would be a good idea for there to be a seperate forum for the predator?

what do the rest of y'all think

edit* how 'bout making this one a sticky?

Last edited:
not sure now give it 6 months.....lets see how many blow there stuff up!......cause everyone can be a Tuner and find out what the limits of there tune is!
I see a lot of ventalated blocks in the future and some very unhappy folks!

Scott:3g:

Scott Dunn said:
not sure now give it 6 months.....lets see how many blow there stuff up!......cause everyone can be a Tuner and find out what the limits of there tune is!
I see a lot of ventalated blocks in the future and some very unhappy folks!

I dont know Scott, I figure the "custom programs" will be probably be soft enough that the 10% lean and 10% more timing will not be overly aggressive.

Time will tell though.

I'm all in we need a place to disguss and cuss the never ending chip quest. :?

Gonzo said:
ONLY if you have forums for AUTOLOGIC, SUPERCHIPS & DIABLOW

I agree with Gonzo.

First, it's not really feasible, nor fair, to have a separate forum for one product.

Second, I think the 'hype', or rather, excitement, questions and thread counts will drop off in time.

Just my .02.

Jake...

Baby Jake said:
I agree with Gonzo.

First, it's not really feasible, nor fair, to have a separate forum for one product.

Being that Autologic dealers are switching over to DiabloSport's ChipMaster-Revolution, then that takes away that end of it. FordChip is now SCT as well, so there are only 2 major players in the field now.

Regardless, his intent wasn't for necessarily a specific forum only to the Predator, I'm sure, but rather a forum devoted to PCM/Electronics, like on the NHTOC.com's forums. The same Admins run that site as here, so why not make it similar? Computer forums have worked out great on many other major auto sites, and there wouldn't be any exception here!

I say add a PCM forum, and take some load off many of the other forums. There's too much stuff to wade through as is in some of these forums, especially this one.

Sincerely...

RWTD said:
Regardless, his intent wasn't for necessarily a specific forum only to the Predator, I'm sure, but rather a forum devoted to PCM/Electronics, like on the NHTOC.com's forums.

Now, that makes some sense.:tu: Sorry for my bad.

Jake...

Gonzo said:
ONLY if you have forums for AUTOLOGIC, SUPERCHIPS & DIABLOW

I am not shur what you would discuss on a forum dedicated to a chip?????

How about a Chips and Automotive Electronics Forum Like the Harley club has.

Scott Dunn said:
I see a lot of ventilated blocks in the future and some very unhappy folks!

It will take allot of ventilating to catch up to chips.

I don't believe you should have a individual forum for any product unless you are going to have forums for Belltech, Bassani, Borla, Superchip, etal. Why would you? Diablo is getting more free press right here in general discussions than you could generate in a separate forum. I can see a benefit if all predator discussions were put under a separate forum and taken out of general discussions. That would condense Predator into one group for those that wanted to see the discussions on it and free up space in the other discussions. That would mean that any post with the word Predator or Diablo would automatically be moved into this forum regardless of where it was posted.
Just my thoughts.

RWTD said:
Being that Autologic dealers are switching over to DiabloSport's ChipMaster-Revolution, then that takes away that end of it. FordChip is now SCT as well, so there are only 2 major players in the field now.

Regardless, his intent wasn't for necessarily a specific forum only to the Predator, I'm sure, but rather a forum devoted to PCM/Electronics, like on the NHTOC.com's forums. The same Admins run that site as here, so why not make it similar? Computer forums have worked out great on many other major auto sites, and there wouldn't be any exception here!

I say add a PCM forum, and take some load off many of the other forums. There's too much stuff to wade through as is in some of these forums, especially this one.

Sincerely...

I disagree with the only two major players comment. It actually irks me to some degree.

What about the EEC Tuners and TwEECers.....or the SCT Pro Racer? Or FAST systems? How about the Anderson PMS? Have these no place here? Of course they do.

The forum is should be (and is) for tuning .....not just some product, good or not, that a vendor can sell.

If the Predator does anything good, maybe it will be to encourage people to tweak their own vehicles.....even beyond the limitations of the Predator. I am just a little confused as to why the Predator has caused such an uproar....enough for someone to ask for a Predator forum..........tuning devices have been around for a while............

I am glad this forum is here...........Thanks Dwight.

svtpickemup said:
I disagree with the only two major players comment. It actually irks me to some degree.

What about the EEC Tuners and TwEECers.....or the SCT Pro Racer? Or FAST systems? How about the Anderson PMS? Have these no place here? Of course they do.

The forum is should be (and is) for tuning .....not just some product, good or not, that a vendor can sell.

If the Predator does anything good, maybe it will be to encourage people to tweak their own vehicles.....even beyond the limitations of the Predator. I am just a little confused as to why the Predator has caused such an uproar....enough for someone to ask for a Predator forum..........tuning devices have been around for a while............

I am glad this forum is here...........Thanks Dwight.

what you have to say is true, there are alot of tweekers out there, and it is a good question why did it take so long for this forum to start, tweecer is a great program, I am suprised that there wasn't a forum for this started earlier.

anywho, I think this horse has been beaten quite well, I'm happy that there is a forum now for this.

svtpickemup said:

There are only two major players in the field. The other players are smaller, but nonetheless great options for those wanting to self tune.

As for the SCT systems, I did mention that FordChip is now part of SCT. SCT encompasses all of the available options from that company.

That's exactly what I said in my previous posts. When I original had MuscleStang.com going up and strong approx. 4 and 5 years back, I had a forum called "Computer Tuning" (or something like that), that originally had Chris Johnson (formally JMSChip, now with SCT) moderating it. I then switched over to Houston Performance moderating it (they were there everyday posting and helping). Within a few months nearly all the major auto sites had one (not just in part because of my forum, but it did help).

Sincerely...

Back