"A" Plan

W

WantOne

I have been considering a purchase of a new truck...and was looking at the F150 XLT...until I saw a lightning going down the road. Now I think I am in love. The thing is...I refuse to pay retail (or MSRP in this case) for anything. Since I have a relative who is employed by ford, I wanted to take advantage of Fords "A" Plan vehicle purchase program...and I have contacted a few SVT dealers. The common response when mentioning the Lightning and the "A" Plan is the same sentence has been laughter.
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW OF AN SVT DEALER THAT WILL HONER THE A PLAN FOR THE PURCHASE OF A 2000 LIGHTNING ?? I really would like one, but it has to be Black in color.
PLEASE HELP !!!! Thanks.

My company offers the "X" plan to its employees. This is 4% above the "A" plan price. Tried it at my dealer. They said there was no reason to offer it considering they could get $3500 over sticker for it. Ended up paying MSRP. Thought it was a good deal.

You may have to look around some but they're out there. I got the same response from 2 around here(S/E VA). One of them recanted when I reminded him that F150's are built here so there is a LOT of "A&Z" plan business that could be diverted from him. They build them in Kansas City too. You might wanna try that area. If all else fails Cavalier Ford here in Chesapeake will do "A" or "Z" plan. 757-424-1111 and ask for John Clark.

Hey 4D THNDR...I'm under the impresion that all Lightnings are made in Ontario Canada ?
Also, thanks for the lead. I called John Clark and it looks like he "may" be able to help me out. He is looking into the particulars and is suppose to be getting back with me on a firm price and a potential
delivery date. He is over a 10 hour drive away so, if anyone else knows of a dealer closer to Kansas City that will honor the A Plan, or will sell a Lightning at invoice...please let me know.
It looks to me like Ford should make more of these trucks as its the same ol'story of
"supply and demand". Until production numbers go up, dealers will have no incentive to "deal" !!!!!

All the Lightnings are made in Ontario but KC has got to be a Ford town with a LOT of "A" and "Z" plan business. It's funny they won't honor it for the Lightnings for fear of driving away all those Ford workers and their family purchases.

Order from Metro Detroit, every dealer I know of in this area will sell at plan prices...

Kansas City is Ford Country, after all we have an Assembly Plant here that builds the F-150's, but not the Lightnings. Anyways I was able to get an A Plan price for my 2000 Lightning at a New Dealership north of the river in Kansas City,MO. called Thoroughbred Ford. It is the nicest newest dealership in town and has no trouble at all A Planning, unlike the other Ripoff dealerships that want 1500 to 2500 above the A Plan price, which by the way is totally illegal and if Ford Motor finds out they can pull their SVT sales dealership program from them. With that all said, You Can reach Thoroughbred Ford At 8501 North Boardwalk N.E. Corner of I-29&Barry Rd. Kansas City,MO.(816)505-1818 and ask for Rick Burris and he should be able to fix you right up. You might want to hurry and make your decision though, because each SVT Dealership is only alotted 6 lightnings this year.

It's only illegal if they use the "A" plan papers, then yes turn their ass into Ford.

For what it's worth, in Cincinnati, King's Ford will A Plan.
But, know this, if it's a distant relative, you're not eligible, the list is parents, children, siblings, in-laws. I'm fairly sure that's it. And I happen to know that the company is checking the SVT sales pretty closely. Abuse of A Plan will get you fired quick, and in the one case I know of, the dealer sued and got the difference between price paid and the selling price (not MSRP) of the Lightning they got the most for.

Just a question, while I'm preaching, what wuold a year old Gen 2 with 15,000 miles be worth if you sold it?
I'm seriously considering buying a new one every year, selling the old one for more thjan I paid until I end up with one more or less free.
I heasr dealers are getting MSRP + $3,500 - $4,000 for new ones, so is it realistic to sell a used one for sticker after a year?

rednecht i looked at gary crossley in liberty they have 99 blk it has 20 miles on it they do "a" plan but the sticker was still 32 beans it has bed liner tow hitch and carbon fiber dash and a bed cover. they were only going to give me 12.500 for my 95
i have been offered more for it. the olatha ks store also has a black 99 it has no extras still 32 but only 9400 for my 95 maybe i will just keep what i got

I don't like retail myself, and usually buy a year old, but I didn't have too much of a dilemna writing the msrp check once I saw my truck on the lot. It bugged me up until I got the call that it was in. Salesman called me psychic, I called the same day it arrived.

While waiting the four months for the double ought, I picked up a 95 for 11k. Drove it a while and gave it to my mom. She said she wanted a truck, man did she get one. I actually like it better for being a "truck". I think maybe the 4.10's just feel better.

Anyway, if you get to drive one of the 2000's, you won't regret it even if you do go full retail. Even less after you spank a few folks in the redlight wars... Several BMW's and Mustangs here are probably in the shop here now wondering what the hell is wrong with their car (grin.)

Best of luck,

Ob. movie rip-off - that's not a truck, it's a space station!

Hey Five0drw,
That Gary Crossley 99 Lightning for 32 grand sounds like a bunch of hooey. Heck, My 2000 Lightning was only 31,375 MSRP, then I got the A plan on top of that, but even if you are not eligible for an A plan, I would not even consider paying 32 grand for a 99 when a 2000 is less cost. Beware of Crossley and his add on propacks to the price, you know like the bedliner crap and paint protection BS that you dont need but is a big profit to them. If you really want a bedliner in it and you want to keep the truck, I suggest a Sprayed on Rhino liner color matched to the vehicle. I put one on my red one and it is really cool. Plus a little added weight to hold down the rear end doesn't hurt either, especially since I have the complete Bassani header system, Airaid Airram system and Sal's flip chip, this combo really makes a Lightning scream. It is probably too late to get a new Lightning now, but just hold off and order a 2001 with an additional 15 more ponies under the hood than the 2000.

Back