A good day at the races

pockets3113

~POCKETS~
They held the drags for Burnin the Bricks here in Pampa,Tx today 6-13-2010 89 entries in 7 classes.All were run using a pro tree ,sorry but they didnt have the timing lights for us.I ran tune ups against 95 Vette-beat him by 1 1/2 lengths,08 G8-beat him by 2 cars,2010 Camaro was mine by 2 1/2,the 55 Chevy that Charlie Emmons owns SPANKED me by atleast 4 cars.(Charlies runnin a blown Merlin BB)The runs for the truck category had 7 entries,I drew a bye 1st round then faced off with a Dodge diesel runnin a Bullydog chip and big turbo hehehe didnt give him time to spool his turbos made him stage and go not sure how far back he was.Drew a 76 F150 with a 460 next go round and was ahead by MAYBE a 1/2 a car,Final round was me and a fricken Mazda runnin a BUILT 350 sb Gotta throw the Salute to Cliff Hudson on that one,when ya wake up and the lights green you lose.He took me by 2 cars at the end I plain couldnt run his *** down from my mistake.I did however get me a 2nd place trophy and my name in the paper.This is the 7th year theyve held this event here and all proceeds go for scholarships to put kids thru auto tech courses nothing else.:3g:

They held the drags for Burnin the Bricks here in Pampa,Tx today 6-13-2010 89 entries in 7 classes.All were run using a pro tree ,sorry but they didnt have the timing lights for us.I ran tune ups against 95 Vette-beat him by 1 1/2 lengths,08 G8-beat him by 2 cars,2010 Camaro was mine by 2 1/2,the 55 Chevy that Charlie Emmons owns SPANKED me by atleast 4 cars.(Charlies runnin a blown Merlin BB)The runs for the truck category had 7 entries,I drew a bye 1st round then faced off with a Dodge diesel runnin a Bullydog chip and big turbo hehehe didnt give him time to spool his turbos made him stage and go not sure how far back he was.Drew a 76 F150 with a 460 next go round and was ahead by MAYBE a 1/2 a car,Final round was me and a fricken Mazda runnin a BUILT 350 sb Gotta throw the Salute to Cliff Hudson on that one,when ya wake up and the lights green you lose.He took me by 2 cars at the end I plain couldnt run his *** down from my mistake.I did however get me a 2nd place trophy and my name in the paper.This is the 7th year theyve held this event here and all proceeds go for scholarships to put kids thru auto tech courses nothing else.:3g:

sounds like it was a good time for a good cause

Back