A couple of ideas to pass along...

hotrodford_87

You wanna race a what?!?!
Just out on the NMRA Contingency lists...

1) The title sponsor of the NMRA Truck/Lightning class in NMRA, Nitto Tires, is paying contingency for any size front tire and their 555 Drag Radials on the rear. They now have an 18" size rear drag radial available also.

2) Hoosier Tires are paying for their slicks.

3) M/T is not paying for any tires in any classes.Period.

Go to www.nmraracing.com for a full listing. They are adding to it almost every day. Fun Ford Weekend as usual hasn't said squat about their contingency list yet. Probably just like I predicted...the last week of Feb. before they release it.

There are no changes in the payouts in Top Truck, purse or contingency, even with their new sponsor now on-board.

NMRA has raised the contingency payout per item to $60 from $50 for the winner and to $30 from $25 for the runner-up. FFW is still at $300 per item to win and $100 per item to runner-up.

One last thing that you won't find on the NMRA contingency list. Holley will pay double the money on a Holley Annihilator Igniton Box if you (A) run their Annihilator Box and Annihlator coil and (B) Use a complete NOS brand n2o system. (Must include NOS brand bottle, plate or fogger or nozzles, and solenoids). It's only $60 extra but they eventually add up. Sorry Gen2 guys, you're kinda SOL on this one.

Last edited:
Hey Randy, thanx for the helpful info. I've been watching the contingency postings as well, but my truck is almost finished. I'm not going to run out and buy some Hoosiers just for the contingency money, but will be looking for a decent set cheap. I'll stick w/ the M/T's for now.
That goes for all other contingency items too. If I run across something that pays contingency for a good deal and/or I need the item, I'll start running it. Otherwise, I'll deal with what I'm currently setting up with.

Oh, and thanx for the help over on the NMRA site, I appreciate it.
I can't wait for Bradenton, hopefully we can get a chance to B.S. a bit. I'd like to really take a good look at your racer and pick your brain a bit. Are you staying at the host hotel r somewhere else? The Jesel/Outrageous Mustangs Drag Radial group & I are booked at the Holiday Inn Express Fiesta Key. We're leaving the 5th and should be down there by 8 or 9pm on wed the 6th. (can't wait for the Hooters party!)

We'll be down Thursday sometime>>>

I drive my rooms to the track. We'll be staying in the motorhome. Come look us up though...34' tan Bounder M/H, 24' brandywine Haulmark trailer, 20' awning down one side, SGA Racing on both sides. I usually have a Ford Racing flag waving out the back of it so I can find my way back to the pits. We'll be around it somewhere and would enjoy having you come over. Just don't pick my brain too much...I don't have much in reserve.

Back