9mm plug wire looms

93SVT

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Sort of a silly question but recently bought and put on 9mm plug wires but didn't think about looms. Does anyone make a set you guys have found work well on our particular setup that you'd recommend?

Also this set of wires I got from Ford racing seem pretty long. Anyone have pictures of theirs installed? I got it to work but it's kind of ugly and likely not optimal

I use the Taylor V8 black vertical wire loom kit #42502.

Don't have a good pic of the runs down the valve covers, but you can see them a little in this pic.

I still have the original wires and most if original if not all of the original retainers.. So I decided to buy the Red Ford racing wires.. They are long as hell. I've thought about shortening but I've never had much success with that. Oh so I just put them in stock location but the wires took a lot of finessing to get them where i could live with them. I come off the plugs and gently sweep back then curve up and forward. I believe I have pic I'm my gallery or I'll try to post one later. Im mostly satisfied but the coil wire is super long and does a whoopdie do around my dizzy. I bought some 2 piece black looms held together with Allen screw. I forget the brand but pretty universal.

I had the exact same issue with the Ford wired my coil wire just about makes a full turn around my distributor. I just used the original wire looms it looks factory for the exception of the mile of extra wire looping up at each plug.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

Zip-ties work pretty good if you're wanting to develop your own routing.

That looks really nice. All these times I've marvelled at you engine pics I've always thought they were some fancy pieces that came in a kit. I'm definitely doing this now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Zip-ties work pretty good if you're wanting to develop your own routing.

That's what I did on my 68 Dodge.......but come on bump that is not factory or even anything close to stock!?! I can't believe you did this, it's as if there is a tear in the fabric of the space time continuum!!!

Say what you want men ...

I've honestly got about 18 hours of work into those with ensuring proper spacing and alignment and angles and all.
Oh no disrespect what so ever I've gotten some killer ideas from the roadkill zip tie moments. Most of them work well and don't look half bad.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Say what you want men ...

I've honestly got about 18 hours of work into those with ensuring proper spacing and alignment and angles and all.

18 hrs and you couldn't get the writing on the wires to face all the same way?!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This description from Shaunditty is spot on with what I have going on haha. I'll take a look through your gallery. This zip tie shots from other posters look great

Last edited:
Back