96 F150 Cab Question

Perchdog

I have 96' standard cab F150, I am prepping bottom of cab for little Por15 and, top-coating. Inside of the rockers towards very rear of cab there appears to be a rather large hole (3/4" or so) and two plastic plugs/clips of some sort.

I am a little confused on what this is all about, there seems to be no wires involved and nothing leading to the foam. I am wondering if the foam is meant to keep water from entering cab and clips to help hold in. Se4ems odd if that were the case why have large holes there to begin with ?

I IMG_1879.jpgIMG_1876.jpghave posted two picks, the first from ground looking towards bottom of cab, the 2nd from inside of cab.

Don't try to figure out what a ford engineer was thinking, and it may have just been something for robotics to hold on to. I can't tell from the pictures, but if you are confident you don't need them weld them up and carry on. Or leave it like ford left it. Why the por15? is there rust issues?

^^^ Yep. Don't sweat the reasons, just take care of them so's they don't create issues in the future.

Don't overlook ... you've also go these dirt, grit and moisture sinks to deal with too.

Por15 in very few areas only, like the nuts for seat and seat belts, few small spots under seam seal i found, nothing really that is a big deal

^^^ Yep. Don't sweat the reasons, just take care of them so's they don't create issues in the future.

Don't overlook ... you've also go these dirt, grit and moisture sinks to deal with too.

Yeah the plates up front need a bit of attention, they arer in good shape but there is still a bunch of sand and a bit of surface rust inside of them. My biggest problem is through rust hole from wiper cowl. It will be last to be addressed and my first attempt at a welded sheet metal fix

Back