94 Lightning flywheel

Al Mc

I just had the transmission and motor in my 94 replaced. There is a vibration in the truck. Both in park and driving. Believe its the flywheel. Checked with local ford dealers and the part is discontinued. Any suggestions on what brand and where to get a replacement. With new motor and trans, don't want to skimp on cheap flywheel from Auto Zone.

thanks Al

Is it Ford Motor Co, original lightning and in good condition. how much
shipped to zip 38611
thanks Al

For future reference, P/N D1ZZ-6375-A, still available on Fleabay, also Stang part..

For clarity, it's called a flywheel for manual trans and flex plate for auto

Before I started yanking the engine or trans I think I'd take a look at the harmonic balancer. If someone put a 50 oz balancer from a 5.0 on there it will shake like a dog ****ting peach seeds. That problem is much easier to fix than a flex plate.

Before I started yanking the engine or trans I think I'd take a look at the harmonic balancer. If someone put a 50 oz balancer from a 5.0 on there it will shake like a dog ****ting peach seeds. That problem is much easier to fix than a flex plate.

Yeah I actually had my OEM balancer slip on my L and it started as a slight vibration by the time I got home it would shake your fillings out!

Seeing this is a 4 month old thread he either bought an unneeded flex plate or figured out it was likely a balancer issue

Back