92 gen2 lighting.

Zorg5000

Well Im super new to this forum, and I thought I would just post my project and some pics on here for you guys to wrap your heads around. Curious if anyone has ever seen this done before? This truck underneath, frame drivetrain and all is a 99 lightning, I modified the body/electrical system to work on my 92 reg cab flare side pickup. Swapped dash and a handfull of the interior parts, has factory airbags, and abs, hvac system is fully functional, center console is out of an expedition. Took it to the track last night, had tons of traction problems ie my 2.002 60 ft times, but still pulled off a 13.45 @ 102mph
lighitng4.jpg

lightning3.jpg

engine001.jpg

truck036.jpg

truck035.jpg

DSC00228.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Whoa! That's WILD! How does the interior fit up against the cab? Are you using 92 door panels?

Edit** Nevermind I see the door panels. How does it look when it meets up with the dash when the doors are closed?

Last edited:
Love it! I always wondered what one would be like. Just needs a little detail work. How much money is involved?

yeah that truck is way cool, i raced him last saturday and the inside looks like it was meant to be there, he did a great job putting that thing together. hey good first run though what was it a 14.5?:hide:

well some one finally did it!

quesiton though, was this truck on any other forums? I remember seeing the lighting motor in a blue engine bay before

engine001.jpg

my minds telling me I have seen this picture before?

very very cool truck!!!

Danny

Very cool idea, I like it! Got any more recent pics with the interior done and clean? I wanna see how the doors match up, and how the dash fits in. Did you just pull all the wiring out of hte '92 and run the new stuff in or what?

Details man, details!! You just can't post somthing like this and haul ***!:D:eek:ldtu:

Back