514 ci Crate Motor

B

Black95

Has anyone ever seriously considered putting the Ford 514 crate motor in a Lightning? Does anyone make a big block into F-150 swap kit? If not, I would think you could use F-250 motor mounts and exhaust manifolds (with some modifications), stock 460 front dress/accessories, and a standalone transmission controller to run the E4OD without the electronics. You could drop the rear about 1"-2" to compensate for the extra weight in the nose, which probably wouldn't be that bad anyway considering the aluminum heads and no need for a power adder!

What am I missing? How bad would the handling be affected?

[This message has been edited by Black95 (edited 06-27-2000).]

A 514 would be a blast!I have several friends who have put them in mustangs and with no tuning they go 10.50 @140mph 1/4 mile right out of the box,no gas.At this time if I am not mistaken, Ford has not fixed a reoccuring problem with their 514 crate motors.They tend to snap connecting rods and spin bearings.I just had a friend who got (2) passes out of his before it grenaded. Ford stood behind the motor and gave him his money back but that is alot of work to do to end up with a bad motor. Most of my friends have just bought the Lunati kit and had a local machine shop do the rest.
MY 2CENTS.Good luck!!

------------------
1993 COBRA-TEAL
1993 LIGHTNING-RED
SVT ROCKS!!

if you do not want to have to change all those parts on your truck and have a easy bolt in.try Ford Racing Performance part's stroker 351 crate motor it's a 392 it has 452 horse did not give the cost but it is complete pan to intake(carb version ) saw it in the august muscle mustang. has aluminum gt40x heads just my 2 cents..

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-27-2000).]

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-28-2000).]

Back