5.8 swap?

danrun

96xlt
Ok, so i have a 96 f150 with a 302. I'm wanting to find a 351 with low miles and maybe modded a little. With this swap what else will i need to do beside just pull one out and put the other in? New computer? New wiring harness? What else?

No, being a '96 you can keep your computer. Starting in '95 the F-150's with the 5.0 changed over to the H.O./351W firing order. With the exception of the exhaust as mentioned, it should be a straight swap.:thumbup:

Make sure you have the correct oil pan for the 351 also. The truck pans are rear sump and the 302 pan will not work on a 351. The thruck should run OK with the stock computer but I am betting that you will need to get a tune to get the ECM to recognize that the motor is almost 50 cubes bigger.

might as well add a stroker kit, do some head work, add some forced induction and supporting mods and do it right the first time

kinda wish I would've kept the 408 rotating assembly I had. might have been in the 12.20-12.30 range instead of 12.7x's .I'm not losing any sleep over it though! just need a power adder now!

No, being a '96 you can keep your computer. Starting in '95 the F-150's with the 5.0 changed over to the H.O./351W firing order. With the exception of the exhaust as mentioned, it should be a straight swap.:thumbup:

94's had the 351 firing order to if they had a 4r70w trans.

Back