4V Single Turbo

Has anyone tried or working on this yet. Seems like a saw a post a while back with someone jumping on it. Just curious what the difficulties would be other than the upper/lower intake. Seems like stock Navigator cams would be ideal and the heads flow better than our ported 2V's. Thoughts?

Upper and lower intake shouldn't be a problem unless you want to preserve the stock L air-to-water intercooler.

Otherwise you can get a Sullivan intake like ShockTherapy had on his motor.

Yeah I saw many of the goodies at Dale's that is going into his alum. blocked cammer motor. I carried the bare block to his car the other day for machining and couldnt believe how light it was.
It will be without a doubt a killer setup, cant wait. I'd love to see it debut at lfest 06.
Steve

Aluminum is lighter, but a little rich for my blood. I imagine the aluminum blocks and setups they are using will have the oil squirter setups for additional cylinder cooling which is a big plus as I understand it. Are they going with custom cams? I have not seen any custom 4V turbo specific cams other than SHM. I don't believe the blower cams would work as well due to the large overlaps. As far as the intercooler, seems to me for the power they are talking about the stock intercooler even if retro fitted to a 4V would be too small. Maybe good up to 700 or so. Seems like a lot of the high HP guys are going to the larger air to water intercoolers with larger tanks and heat exchangers. I believe JLP said his new tank will hold 10 gal.

I am very afraid of aluminum. All I would need is to overheat once, and warp a cylinder.

all the deloreans motors were aluminum, and a buddy of mine fried his block when he over heated on the high way and instead of pulling over, waited for the next exit....

not smart

Danny

lightningDan said:
I am very afraid of aluminum. All I would need is to overheat once, and warp a cylinder.

all the deloreans motors were aluminum, and a buddy of mine fried his block when he over heated on the high way and instead of pulling over, waited for the next exit....

not smart

Danny

The cylinder won't warp because its ductile iron.

get out of here, see you learn something new everyday.

in that case frank Im all for it, besides the price! lol other than that

thanks!

Danny

Back