#4862 1993 Mini-Restoratiom

I'm out of town for awhile so can't get around there physically but I had ordered a new window seal for back glass and the glass guy says it's missing a "trim or frame piece"

I have no clue what's going on. He sent me a picture (2nd photo posted) and I can see a channel or open area where I guess the "trim or frame" would go.

On an old picture (1st picture posted) of my truck I don't really see where that area would be. Was I possibly sent the wrong seal they are trying to install? Anybody have experience messing with these rear window seals?

4809587a33735dbd9eb883dc4274c3df.jpg
07c5999c1c8091eded449e4d1f14e50a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I believe there is a bubble type piece that goes in the channel all the way around the window. I’ll try to get you a pic of mine tmr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little updates. He said it's a 3 stage process. First picture is wet sanded before buffing and 2nd picture is after 1st stage buffing.

Hopefully one day I'll get it back haha
5bca874351b446805d1a736c2f16c3f8.jpg
c8b2b96a9190e02fc842bc00bd57572f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s going to look so nice when it’s done! Mine will be getting similar treatment once I get the new drivetrain worked out. What black did you end up using? Did you go back with the original color?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s going to look so nice when it’s done! Mine will be getting similar treatment once I get the new drivetrain worked out. What black did you end up using? Did you go back with the original color?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Went with a "true black" with nothing else in it I believe. I don't have the specifics but it's not the stock black.

That could/would be bad if I was selling to a collector or someone wanting all original truck but I got it in 01 and if not going anywhere haha.

Except hopefully to my house sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

This impact strip is kinda driving me nuts. The new paint looks amazing and then the impact strip is just jumping out as flat grey.

What are my options? The body guy says this one isn't paintable. Anybody had luck painting one or bought one that's able to be painted?

I can get a smooth bumper I guess but was kinda staying away from that for whatever reason.

Thanks for input or ideas
bee1909776d8805526f8b39d5ecf28be.jpg

I’ve seen people use a butane torch to bring those plastic pieces back to looking like new. Search it up. Lots of videos on it. I haven’t tried it myself.

I’ve seen people use a butane torch to bring those plastic pieces back to looking like new. Search it up. Lots of videos on it. I haven’t tried it myself.

It's actually brand new (can't remember from where)

Back