4.O Explorer Street, Introduction...

Black Magic

I hope that I am not in the :wf. I know this is a Lightning site, I love them. I am looking arround for information and idea's and I just joined and wanted to drop a line here to introduce my self...

My name is Matt, I live in St. Louis, MO.

Here is my Explorer:

DSC02200.jpg

I have custom built this truck myself, started out as a stock O1 Sport. It is Automatic 4x4, 4.O S0HC (SuperCharger is on the way still in R&D, will be in there Very soon).

DSC02216.jpg

My vision is a Factory Sport Truck Look. I want people to look at it and know how different it looks but nothing Gaudy! I love it when everyone comes up and say's were can I order an Explorer Street.
My Web page with my complete Build up is here: www.explorerstreet.com

For my O1 Sport 4x4. I lowered the front 3.5"s, the rear 1". Gave it the look I was looking for, Sport not Slammed.

Then Saleen Anti-Away bars front and back. I added Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushing and end links. Made an even bigger difference than just the sway bars with stock rubber bushings.

Then installed Bilstein Shocks, from Saleen again. These are made for lowered 4-door Explorers. The fit is just right. And the extra stiffness from being for the heavier 4 door makes them even better for my application.

Now the truck corners like a shopping cart! Very, very, very little sway if any! I love it!

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

Here is a pic I chopped in half to show the lowering of the front:

lowerBnA.jpg

A couple of shots of my Slotted Rotor's and Performance Pads...

Front:
DSC03252.jpg

Rear:
DSC03133.jpg

Here is the Engine bay. I like it clean and simple. I am not a fan of all the colored Lumn. Very soon to be the home to a Super Charger for the 4.O SOHC.

DSC02656.jpg

The only flash I have is the Radiator Support plate cove, I customized that & the Billit Optima Battery Tray (above).

DSC01357.jpg

For the ICE I have:

Kenwood KVT-910 Indash DVD, Headrest 6.5" screens, PS2, Sirius Radio, Rockford Fosgate 10" HE2, Front and Rear 6.5" RF FNQ Components, RF 800.2 for sub, 600.4 for components, 2x 1f caps, all RF Pro Wires, 165 square feet of Dynamat.

Here is a pic of the screens:
lcd_install_023.gif

Everything like the amps, and caps are hidden behind the interior panels:
mvc-003s.jpg

Good shot of the Dynamat:
mvc-002s.jpg

Here is the sub in the stealth box:
dsc00009.jpg

Rear components with grill off:
dsc00006.jpg

Here you can see how the front components are mounted:
DSC02101.jpg

Tons and tons more pictures can be found at my home page: www.explorerstreet.com

This Site Looks great! & I will see everyone at the WFC in May!

Thanks for stopping buy,
Matt

Nice looking Explorer you got there. I like the aggressive look it has - for an Explorer:hail: Btw, thats a kick a$$ A/V set up.

Thanks again guys. I will be at the Word Ford Challenge if you want to see it up close.

Havoksdream, Thanks, I am sure your's looks great too, for a Pick-um-up-Truck. LOL, J/K.

Last edited:
Hopefully a truck like yours grabe the eyes of the people at SVT....a SVT explorer sport with a S/C 4.0 would rock.... keep it up bro

Back