4-Door Lightning (w/pics)

Copperhead

Keith Blackburn
Here's a few pics of my latest project. It's been about 8-10 months in the making working on/off.

Completely went thru this truck from one end to the other

I think it turned out pretty good, but I'm getting to old for this stuff,.....

I'm getting tired,.....but now it's time to work on the race truck to get it ready for some 1/4 mile action,..... :yawn:

Crew_Cab_11.jpg

Crew_Cab_12.jpg

Crew_Cab_13.jpg

Crew_Cab_14.jpg

Crew_Cab_15.jpg

Crew_Cab_16.jpg

Crew_Cab_17.jpg

Crew_Cab_18.jpg

Crew_Cab_19.jpg

Crew_Cab_20.jpg

Crew_Cab_21.jpg

Crew_Cab_22.jpg

Crew_Cab_23.jpg

Crew_Cab_24.jpg

Crew_Cab_25.jpg

Crew_Cab_26.jpg

Crew_Cab_27.jpg

Crew_Cab_28.jpg

Keith, that truck is absolutely beautiful!!!:eek:ldtu: That's by far the nicest 4 door ford I've ever seen. You sure do nice work, everything of yours is top notch.

Is that your new tow vehicle? Its too nice to be called a tow-pig.

Merlin

nice man right up my alley!

Couldn't have said it better! Keith, man you never seem to let us down! Your work is stellar:eek:ldtu: The interior is so sweet, just said "Wow".

Quit with the getting old nonsense we can't have another Pro Vet leave us:bm:

Very nice Keith. You are a craftsman. Will there be any chance to see this in Joliet in July?? I see it as an incrediable tow vehicle, can take all the family or buddies, especially with the jump seat in the back, cool idea.:eek:ldtu::eek:ldtu:
And when you get done with it--either Bobby or Scott will buy it:eek:ldtu:
Who has some NOS Lightning decals for the bed sides and tailgate to finish it off.

Last edited:
Beautiful truck. I like it.

Only one thing I would change and I know it is a completely subjective thing.

I would put a Cummins and a 6 speed in it. Only reason I would do that is the simplicity of that motor and it's ability to make power, oh and you can run it on cooking oil real REAL easy.

Again, the idea and execution behind this truck is great. I like it lots.

Chris

Will there be any chance to see this in Joliet in July?? I see it as an incrediable tow vehicle, can take all the family or buddies, especially with the jump seat in the back, cool idea.:eek:ldtu::eek:ldtu:
And when you get done with it--either Bobby or Scott will buy it:eek:ldtu:
Who has some NOS Lightning decals for the bed sides and tailgate to finish it off.

Oh,...Yeah

I'll be there in Joliet,.............

Pulling this,....
Truck_Trailer_5.jpg

Needless to say,.....It tows pretty good.

I broke it in on a recent trip to Michigan & back (1000 mile round trip) to pick up my new trailer.

Steve,.....I had a set of decals and I just recently sold them. I would've loved to have put them on, but I didn't want to be a Poser. Even though this thing has a lot of characteristics of a Gen. 1 L,...... It's still not an original. IMO,....those decals need reserved for real deal.

I would put a Cummins and a 6 speed in it.

Trust me,.....I've thought about it. But,....

I've done a few little mods to it and she runs pretty good. ;)

Copperhead, you sir, are sick with it. VERY stellar work. And the comments on the side bed badges?! Couldn't have said it better. :bigtu: :bigtu:

Keith, I just saw your post on the Nation as well. The truck is killer. And :tongue: for all those powerstroke nay sayers. That truck probably runs a mid 14:eek:ldtu:

Not so much of a nay sayer, but more of a fan of the cummins. I have pulled heavy loads with the 7.3 PSD intercooled, non-intercooled, tuned non-intercooled, and the 6.0, cummins, 460, and a duramax. It isn't that I don't like the PSD it is that I just really came to love the cummins w/ a manual, and how it tended to match my towing style.

I will say this, if I was picking new trucks, the SuperDuty is the only one I would pick, the build quality is light years ahead. I also love the body style of Copperheads truck best out of all trucks.

I bet his truck does run. They are very capable.

Chris

Back