351W to 306 swap

jspmxr

I ran across a deal on a 306 (302) out of a fox body. Vortech v1 s trim, exelbrock heads, truck flow r intakes, truck flow cam, fast xfi 2.0, etc. my engine is good, but 114,000 miles on it. I wanted to use the 306 since the tune would work good already, and I could build the 351 later. Can anyone tell me what issues I will have as far as oil pan and flex plate? I’m keeping the e4od transmission and already ordered 2500 torque converter. Thanks for any help you can give me

Id assume for the oil pan you should be able to use whatever the 5.0 trucks came with. And for flexplate you'll need to know the imbalance of that engine. If its just a stock crank 306 then a 50oz like Jeff mentioned will be required.

I would scrap that idea and put all long block parts/ Vortech on the 351. You’ll have more power and torque. 114k miles is nothing for the bottom end of a 351 unless severely abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would scrap that idea and put all long block parts/ Vortech on the 351. You’ll have more power and torque. 114k miles is nothing for the bottom end of a 351 unless severely abused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
^^^This. The only hangup might be if your 351 block isn't roller ready.

Last edited:
Back