30 lbs injector problems

W

Wildone

I have a speed density 93 lighting. I have been avoiding turning it to mass air, because I believe with decent tuning and a custom chip you should be able to get the system to work well. But I am wondering if this is to much injector for the 450+ horsepower I am making. When I turn the fuel pressure down to around 24 pounds the truck runs great, but I have an occassional lean back fire, when I turn the pressure up to 34 pounds I have surging idle, but boy does it pull hard. With the nitrous I am running, the lean backfire scares me, but the surging idle around town is a pain in the a**. Any ideas, short of switching to Mass Air. Thanks guys.

John Wilde

Ive seen very radical mustangs with Speed density that idle and run great. I think your chip still need some corrections. The best way to do that is on the chassis dyno,at of course a Ford shop. Although Im sure you knew that. There they should be able to correct those problems while they are occuring. I used to have those lean pops
on my Mass air mustang and they drove me insane.

Expensive,
Yes, but isnt your 500 hp baby worth it?. Like the racers say...."Pay me Now or Pay me later, but you are gonna pay me"!!
smile.gif

------------------
95 Red Lightning
87 Buick Grand National
11.60/114 1.62 60ft.

Back