24lb injector ???

you can t swap injectors without some kind of tunning....rather it be a tweecer,or by custom chip.

adding mass air without a proper tune will run like crap.

either way you need a tune,search tweecer in the gen 1 section.if you get a tweecer,you can then swap injectors and make the truck run like stock.

rob

Where or who can I get a custom chip from? I have a 95' that I am going through right now and I know I am going to need bigger injectors. I plan on using Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with 2.02 valves. I am also debating on what cam to use, either the Comp Cams xe270hr, xe264hr or the stock 5.0 cam.

I did have the Pro M mass air conversion but it never worked right (I bought it in 95', one of the first kits). It is long gone, but I still have the Pro M 77 mass air meter.

I also have bassini shorty headers and cat delete x pipe.

What is the cheapest and best way to get this running right?

Where or who can I get a custom chip from? I have a 95' that I am going through right now and I know I am going to need bigger injectors. I plan on using Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with 2.02 valves. I am also debating on what cam to use, either the Comp Cams xe270hr, xe264hr or the stock 5.0 cam.

I did have the Pro M mass air conversion but it never worked right (I bought it in 95', one of the first kits). It is long gone, but I still have the Pro M 77 mass air meter.

I also have bassini shorty headers and cat delete x pipe.

What is the cheapest and best way to get this running right?

If I were to spend money on heads-cam and tuning for a "street" truck, I would go this route:
Foxlake Victor juniors stage one $1500(just a little more than the perf. rpm but a much better head in so many ways and contrary to popular belief, no you will not loose any low end torque on a 210cc intake runner. These heads have enough spring for the next part of the equation and in my opinion the part that will unlock some good horsepower potential- the compcams XFI roller grind ( see me for the specs) very streetworthy, good idle, SD friendly and pulls like crazy, about $350. Recommend Harland sharp 1.6 rockers with this cam to give lifts in the .585 range. Harland makes a rocker especially for the victor juniors with correct geometry. Set of hardened pushrods for the guide plates. A Tweecer and one of my street tunes with a set of 30lb ford injectors to idle like stock. Sell the pro m, you will run circles around that mess.

Do you have any advice for the short block? Are the stock pistons good enough, or should I use something else? I have been thinking of using a set of forged pistons.

Back