Sold: 2004 JLP built Lightning and Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperBeast

John Graube
Hi, My name is Carla Cox. John Graube was my father. Some of you probably know that he passed away almost a year ago, 4/16/13. First, I wanted to thank you all for your friendship and support. Racing was his passion and he spoke often of how much this club meant to him.

As many of you know, his truck is pretty awesome. We, unfortunately, do not have the skills to race it. Mom is ready to sell it, as long as it will race. It is important to her that someone take care of it and enjoy it the way he did- it's what he would want.

So, I am soliciting both advice! and contacts with people who might be interested to buy. I know the season is just getting going, and it wouldn't take much to have it running with the best.

I see above that posts must list a price. Again, I'm not really knowledgeable right now about what we should be asking but I'll start with 27,000 and say we are flexible.
KB 2.6
643 HP 682 FtLbs
1.498 60'
9.86 @ 137.44

More info to come as I go through Dad's files. You can contact me directly at carlagraube@hotmail.com (if that's allowed?). Thanks in advance for your help!

Looking around here I already see that other (newer) stats were posted here.
60' 1.40
6.27 @ 110.30 1/8 (Best)
9.85 @ 136.70 1/4 (Best)

I saw your father race it on a few occasions, helped him out one day @ Atco. It is a awesome fast truck. Good luck on the sale.. List up any extra's like drag wheels/ tires Ect, for more interest. Mileage also on built motor.

I used to have a Fully built GEN 2 with similar mods & power, I tried to sell it for 22K and never got good bites, I finished trading that pick up for a 2003 Cobra Terminator, I suggest to advertise that pick up on all forums possible like SVT performance.com, Corral.net
The Market - SVTPerformance
The Corral
I hope will be OK to show those websites here, just trying to help.

Hello, Carla. I was a friend of your Dad's. I know how hard this must be. Something he loved so much, it is important that it goes to the right buyer. I suggest you ask Johnny Lightning(JLP Performance) for a list of the major parts on the truck. It is a GREAT truck and John was just tapping into it's potential. I miss our conversations that were pretty deep into technical stuff we were both interested in.I know it will greatly exceed the numbers it has already demonstrated. It should fetch a good deal of $$$ for someone who is a knowledgable buyer. It has all the goodies.

Jim

Thanks guys. I appreciate any help I can get! I will look into posting in other places. It's like figuring out a whole new world for me. Here is a little more info:

The odometer shows 26,449.

Some of the modifications include: fiberglass lightning springs, JLP *R* built tranny, shortened 5 gal gas tank, Kenne Bell 2.6-2.8 blower, KB supercharger 2.6H compressor, 220 PSI heads, ZEX nitrous system, LP extreme fuel system, Weapon X high output coils, bumper removed and cover installed, 1.75" roll cage, racing seat, coated and tinted rear windows, Bogart wheels, Vampire knock control system, JDM front drag springs, Diablo sport Predator chip.

This is all straight off of the install invoices. I have a huge file which includes much more, but what I listed were the most expensive mods. I have a ton of dino sheet as well. It's garage kept and all the stock parts come with. We just started it the over the weekend and it sounds great.

As far as the price goes, we know we have to be pretty negotiable, but for someone who wanted to go straight to the track and run 9's, this is (I think?) a unique opportunity. This may be common for all of you, but I've got a stack of invoices totaling over $30,000 of work here. I realize that all of that does not hold value and that we have a ton of sentimental value in it, too. At the end of the day, a reasonable offer is going to be accepted. We are not going to race it ourselves and want to see it go out to the track. Let me know if you have any other questions and THANK YOU for all of you help!!

I will try to spread the word on this truck and I just want to say your dad was my friend and I miss him. R.I.P. Big Guy !!

Awesome truck and your father was a super nice guy. We miss him.
I wish Art Underwood would buy his old truck back. This truck is very streetable.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your kind words. The truck is still for sale. I wanted to emphasize, it is very much a race truck. The gas tank along with a few other things would have to be changed before driving it on the road. Easy to do, but has to be factored into the buying process- you will have to pick it up with a trailer or have it shipped. That being said- it is very much worth it. Hope we can get the truck to the track with a new owner soon!

Sorry I didn't see the requests earlier. Sonce I'm logging on here as my Dad, I don't get e-mails or anything when someone posts to the thread. I can e-mail a bunch of pics and a video to anyone interested. carlagraube@hotmail.com Thank you!

Update: I have a deposit on the truck. I'll update here when it is officially sold. Thanks to everyone for all of your help and support.

The truck is sold. Thank you everyone for your help and support. Those who know our story know that it is bittersweet for my family to see it go. Like many of you, the Lightning was my Dad's passion. We are happy it is going to a good home. Happy racing everyone!

@Silver2000 Sorry for any confusion- I had a prince on my original post at the very top. I wasn't familiar with the site, as my original post explains- hopefully I followed all the rules :) Grateful for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back