Sold: 2001 Silver Lightning 2.6KB, 83K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorjj

The L Doctor
Well, my situation has changed. Now with 2 kids, I really can't justify keeping my Lightning around. I still love this truck, so this is difficult to post, but I have to do what I have to do.

2001 Silver Lightning
Truck has 83k on the clock. I broke the crank and went through the entire engine about 3k miles ago. My old 2.3KB locked up and I put a new 2.6 full system and supporting fuel mods. This only has about 300 miles on it!!! This is over $7,000 in hard parts sitting on the top of this motor that are basically new.
With the old blower, the engine made 525 RWHP on 91 octane and 602 on race gas with the old 2.3KB. I'm running a JLP tune on it now but I haven't even dyno'd the new combo. It makes about 16lbs of boost with the large upper pulley. Probably will make 21-22 lbs, depending on the weather with the smaller upper pulley. It should make over 700 RWHP on 100 octane.
The truck itself is very nice, very clean. I get trophies at every show I enter.

Asking $18,000

The details:

Built motor
Manley rods and forged pistons, components balanced to dead nuts, rotating assembly balanced to less than 2 grams, end to end.
Stage 3 heads
Stage 3 Comp cams
Ported Lower
2.6 KB
JLP Power Plenum, TB, and spacer
(again, this entire blower setup only has about 300 miles on it)
60lb injectors
Snow methanol injection
SCT Big Air MAF
JLP Cold Air Kit
Kooks headers
JDM high flow mids
Bassani catback
BTS tranny with 2600 PI stall
E-fans
Fore Fuel hat with -8 and -10 lines
Metco fuel rails
Flush tonneau
Chrome Lightning wheels

Email me at jjoice@gmail.com

You will not be disappointed.

Lightning walk around - YouTube
Lightning - YouTube

1000270small.jpg

imagedma.jpg

tonneau6ja8.jpg

Last edited:
Can u shoot me some more pics exterior interior detailed please thanks. My email is lancerosy@yahoo.com I'm located in Michigan and am interested also do u have any receipts for the work done to the truck?

Thanks lance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back