1st gen mass air kits on ebay

peyton88

came across lightning mass air kit on ebay,anybody using them or hear any stories good or bad about them.sorry no company name.I just put in lightning mass air and it comes up.priced about $1500.wanna put an f cam in my 95 but was told wouldnt run because of speed density.thanks glenn

came across lightning mass air kit on ebay,anybody using them or hear any stories good or bad about them.sorry no company name.I just put in lightning mass air and it comes up.priced about $1500.wanna put an f cam in my 95 but was told wouldnt run because of speed density.thanks glenn

They do have a company name. Forgot what it was but am getting ready to drop the hammer and try it out. Call them back in jan and talked to Steve. They have options for ma sensor size even gen2 90mm. Comes with trans controller also. And has two o2 sensor!! So hopefully soon I can give some feed back. Oh and will make ur wiring harness any length u want. Fwiw. U will need a tweecer tho!! I have a r/t that I loaned to a buddy that I'm gonna use!!

And I would go with a different cam alphabet cams might sound good but they aren't very good for making power.

ok thanks for heads up.just seemed to good to be true especially on evilbay. I really like the thumper series cams from comp cams .incredible sound and make good power.gotta get a loose converter also.wish i could sneek that cam under the speed density radar.

ok thanks for heads up.just seemed to good to be true especially on evilbay. I really like the thumper series cams from comp cams .incredible sound and make good power.gotta get a loose converter also.wish i could sneek that cam under the speed density radar.

It's not the SD that has the problem with cams, it's the batch fire injection that is the problem!!

my truck is lowered 6 front 8 rear with big n little tire combo on 1st gen wheels.great street rod for work and cruise nights is only use rt now.just needs to sound bad *** is why im lookin for cam swap.hows cammotion sound,do you have any specs.thanks glenn

If the picture in the Evilbay ad is what you get, that kit isn't for a Lightning. There is a true FMS kit now posted in the buy/sell Forum.

my truck is lowered 6 front 8 rear with big n little tire combo on 1st gen wheels.great street rod for work and cruise nights is only use rt now.just needs to sound bad *** is why im lookin for cam swap.hows cammotion sound,do you have any specs.thanks glenn

Any pics of your truck. A 6/8 drop is no joke. I have a Comp XE274Hr in my 96 f150 and it sounds good but it is factory maf.

Any pics of your truck. A 6/8 drop is no joke. I have a Comp XE274Hr in my 96 f150 and it sounds good but it is factory maf.

If all your chasing is sound then look toward exhaust first. Particularly spin techs. They really emphasize the sound of the factory cam.

I have a kit in gen 1 parts for sale its a whole kit runs trans and all just unplug and plug this whole harness in and a heck a lot cheaper have computer and meter also injector harness only askin 500 plus shipping can send pic to u if u like.

i purchased and installed a mass air kit from ist and have about 80k miles on it so far with zero problems........could use better instructions and my cruise no longer worked but..........got the 76mm maf cald' to 24# injectors, came with an a9p and baumanator, 2 bosch hegos and got the upgraded bap sensor.......

system works great, i also got the air controller which allows you to "richen and lean" by ear which is needed.........i have mine mounted in the cab so i can adjust the mix as driving/gas/conditions change....

you really need a tune to perfect the package but it gets the job done and you don't have to go hunting for things cuz its got it all, took me two days but it was done right. i'm talking welding in the 02 bungs, soldering and running everything right..........overdrive button no longer works either, not my 4x4 low but i just need to add the pins back in....

Back