Sold: 1995 SVT Lightning. 75K miles CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVE94LIGHTNING

California truck all its life. Bought at San Bruno Ford in 1995. I'm the second owner and have all the original dealer tags and documents including the SVT certificate, window sticker, multiple sets of original keys etc...
Everything on this truck is in excellent shape. Fully optioned truck with center seat, auto dimming mirror etc.. Very nice truck. I'll get better pics up if it doesn't sell locally soon.

Price : 13K

dJWIFom.jpg

WUKavID.jpg

Thanks guys, really is a super nice truck and I hate to let it go but i don't have space to keep it in the garage because I'm getting another truck ( Diesel 4x4 ) and I just hate to let it sit outside because its too nice. Interestingly enough I listed it for 13K and already have 12 offers on the truck the highest is over 14K so it's definitely a good market here in SoCal.

Bumperquip...no mods at all its 100% original. In that pic you may be seeing the PS Catch can I installed for a road track day. It was just temporary for the event.

Thanks guys, really is a super nice truck and I hate to let it go but i don't have space to keep it in the garage because I'm getting another truck ( Diesel 4x4 ) and I just hate to let it sit outside because its too nice. Interestingly enough I listed it for 13K and already have 12 offers on the truck the highest is over 14K so it's definitely a good market here in SoCal.

Bumperquip...no mods at all its 100% original. In that pic you may be seeing the PS Catch can I installed for a road track day. It was just temporary for the event.[/

Yeah, I thought your price was to low also. I would have bought it already if I could have got there in time.

California truck all its life. Bought at San Bruno Ford in 1995. I'm the second owner and have all the original dealer tags and documents including the SVT certificate, window sticker, multiple sets of original keys etc...
Everything on this truck is in excellent shape. Fully optioned truck with center seat, auto dimming mirror etc.. Very nice truck. I'll get better pics up if it doesn't sell locally soon.

Price : 13K

dJWIFom.jpg

WUKavID.jpg

Will you be attending Fabulous Ford this Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'll be at the ford Show this Sunday but I won't have the truck with me. You guys are correct on the pricing, I'm up to 15K as the highest offer right now. I'll probably say goodbye to it on Monday which is the day I'll be showing the truck.

Yes I'll be at the ford Show this Sunday but I won't have the truck with me. You guys are correct on the pricing, I'm up to 15K as the highest offer right now. I'll probably say goodbye to it on Monday which is the day I'll be showing the truck.

Dang...guess that shows the difference in the market between my run-of-the-mill(ish) high mileage 93 and a super-clean, low-mileage 95. Maybe also speaks to difference in market between CA and NC. I haven't gotten anything yet other than a couple CL scammers. :(

I actually didn't intend to price mine even as high $7k until I saw some of the garbage people were asking $6k+ for. Granted, it doesn't mean they are actually fielding any offers or making any sales, but it did make me wonder if I was underselling the truck by considering pricing it closer to $6k.

Part of my difficulty in figuring out a price for mine is what seems like some relative scarcity going on now. When I cruised CL or the forum looking at what had been put up for sale any time recently, there wasn't a lot of volume to go on.

Also, it felt like what was out there was either rollers for $3k+, run-of-the-mill high mileage trucks with relatively major issues (bad paint, body damage, rust, slipping transmissions, even one with a combo of a couple of these plus a blown HG) for $6k+, or trucks like the above for $15k+. Didn't feel like there was much in between those last couple tiers.

15K to a guy that owned 2 Gen 1 trucks in the past and they were both super clean and original. He left me a deposit, sale should go through this coming week. It's definitely a good home for this truck, it'll be a sunny weekend driver and continue its pampered life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back