Sold: 1995 Red Gen 1 Lightning

StangBuilder

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
For Sale - 1995 Lightning, Red, approximately 265k miles with Texas rebuilt title in my name, rebuilt engine (GT40X aluminum heads, E303 cam, etc..), Ford Racing Mass Air Kit, full Bassani exhaust with converters, Cervini hood with hood struts, new radiator, fan shroud, S&B body mounts, etc..
Bought this truck in December 2021 from a friend that had owned it for 20 years and had wrecked it a second time.... Repaired it (still needs to be repainted) for my son and he is now ready to sell it...
Interior is good and body is good with only one small bit of rust on the driver's side drip rail (about 9" long).. First repair after wreck must have had an issue during the repaint..
Runs and drives good but a check engine light comes after a few minutes (doesn't seem to impact how the truck runs)... No airbag wiring in truck any more... Everything works except passenger's side window (motor is good so a ground wire must be broke)..
Priced to sell at $9,500 or best offerIMG_6508.jpgIMG_6511.jpgIMG_6513.jpgIMG_6516.jpgIMG_6526.jpgIMG_6530.jpgIMG_6532.jpgIMG_6538.jpgIMG_6542.jpgIMG_6552.jpg! Located in League City, TX... Just south of Houston, TX...

How is performance of your truck? I'm thinking about the same combo with my L rebuild.

The combination runs good and is very street friendly... But the aluminum GT40X heads and E303 cam are "old school" and better options are out there today... Also the Ford Racing Mass Air kit is limiting... Good for this application but a Holley Terminator setup works much better.. I have that with a US Shift Quick 4 in my other Lightning...

The combination runs good and is very street friendly... But the aluminum GT40X heads and E303 cam are "old school" and better options are out there today... Also the Ford Racing Mass Air kit is limiting... Good for this application but a Holley Terminator setup works much better.. I have that with a US Shift Quick 4 in my other Lightning...
I am going stock bottom end maybe flat top pistons and mild port job on heads what cam is out there? I want a good rumble! I'm also running Ford MAS air system. Everyone you call has the "best cam ever" I'd rather here from folks running them!

I am going stock bottom end maybe flat top pistons and mild port job on heads what cam is out there? I want a good rumble! I'm also running Ford MAS air system. Everyone you call has the "best cam ever" I'd rather here from folks running them!
I've run Comp Cams... Lunati... and this Ford Racing E303... All were very similar in spec but the Comp Cam did seem to have a slight performance advantage...

Hijacking the thread, but the TFS Stage 1 and the matching spring upgrade kit is basically made for the Ford iron heads. You'll need some kind of computer upgrade to be able to run it, though. I have loved the E-cam in 302s. Very happy with the TFS-1 in my otherwise stock 300K mile motor.

What comp cam was it you ran?

/
Comp Cams XE270HR... 270/276 advertised... 218/224 @ .50 and .512 lift on both sides.... I ran this cam with a set of AFR185's and an Art Carr torque converter (when he had partnered/sold the business to a company in Texas)... Truck ran 13.70's on a 275/60/17 street tire...

Hijacking the thread, but the TFS Stage 1 and the matching spring upgrade kit is basically made for the Ford iron heads. You'll need some kind of computer upgrade to be able to run it, though. I have loved the E-cam in 302s. Very happy with the TFS-1 in my otherwise stock 300K mile motor.
I just swapped to a TFS Stage 2 cam in the 377 stroker that I redid for my other truck... Looking forward to getting it running to see how it works out... That truck is already setup with a Holley Terminator X system..

Back