'03 For Sale

NewbRand

Hey guys,

Killam Auto in East Windsor is a truck cap/used truck dealer. He has a Black, '03 for sale with 13k on it. With the acception of a tonneau and a spray-in bedliner, the truck is bone-stock. He's asking 26,400 for it. He said he was willing to come down a bit if he took off the tonneau (cuz it's ugly). Which means he'll prolly come down to 26. Is this a reasonable price for a Gen 2?

Thanks

Randy

Randy, I just sold a buddies '03 Lightning with 36k for $23,500 through my dealership as a point of reference.

With the low miles I'd say that truck is worth in the 25,000 range....

Regards,
Ray

Ray M said:
Randy, I just sold a buddies '03 Lightning with 36k for $23,500 through my dealership as a point of reference.

With the low miles I'd say that truck is worth in the 25,000 range....

Regards,
Ray

any interest in doing this again? I have a 03 DSG Lightning with 31.5k miles i want to sell. Dosnt seem to be a market here in MASS. Any interest in doing?

Jakkle5@aol.com Thanks

Hmmm... that's maybe 25-30 minutes from me. I may cruise down there one day and check it out. Not really ready to buy, but it doesn't cost to look. And you never know :blink:

Edit: I looked at the truck a few days ago, but the sales guys were all gone, just some guy in the shop sanding a sign. He told me the price was $26K as far as he knew, and BTW, they had a silver one in the back lot with a butt ugly "hood scoop". And while we're talking about ugly... I'd have to agree... that glass tonneau is one of the two oooogliest covers I've ever seen on a Lightning. This one has a high-rise center section that goes up about 4" in the center and it's maybe 20" wide tapering to the cab. The other ooogly cover is the "twin-peaks" style with two molded "headrests that are about 8" higher than the bed at the cab and taper to nothing at the tailgate. Who the heck designs these mutant covers? :(

I personally wouldn't give him $24K w/o the cover but that's me.

Last edited:
Back