01L vs 91-93 GT

J

jeff2001silver

After playing Grand Tursimo 3 for about three hours I figured it would be a good idea to take a ride in the L. I pull on to RT9 (the local strip, lots of traffic lights and perfictly straight.) Right away a mint highly modified 91 to 93 Mustang GT pulls out in front of me. From the back i could see what looked to be a sweet stainless steel exauhst system. Then it appears the car has some sort of DOT street slick with skinnies in front. At this point I figure I'm all done, we curse through a couple of green lights waiting for one to turn red. We finially get one to turn red he pulls up next to me reving the engine where i notice a roll cage in the car, I figure what the hell sure I'll race (my L is brand new, just turned 1000 miles earlier today and this is my first race in the truck.) Bam, the light turns green I hammer it, the L hooks up good very little tire spin. I could hear the GT roar to life and get some wheel spin. The L hits second gear just as I hear the GT lay down a huge patch from his second gear shift, at this point I'm maybe a fender length ahead of him. He stays right there as second winds out and most of third, this is where i had to back out of it because of slower traffic. As I slowed down he blew by me and flashed his hazards as he turned off.

WTH is a Mustang doing the "rice flash" for??

Good kill!

Jeff (FMOS), please explain what the "rice flash" is and why they do it, I have never seen this.

Sometimes when ricers do flybys (passing you after you've let off the gas) they'll turn on their emergency flashers indicating that they're claiming the win.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FMOS Racing:
Sometimes when ricers do flybys (passing you after you've let off the gas) they'll turn on their emergency flashers indicating that they're claiming the win.</font>

Only Ricers would come up with something that silly.. once someone is off the gas on a street race, the race is over.. IMO. unless its a real short distance
smile.gif

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
12.99 @ 103.72
DansBanner.jpg

They love that fly-by crap. I normally egg them on a little by letting them catch up, put a couple of cars of them, letting them catch up, putting a couple of cars on them, etc,etc. I also like them to be on my right side with their window down, you can almost see their eardrum explode when I go WOT with the straight pipes
smile.gif

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
Newest - Wet Okles seat covers, Roush lowering kit (waiting for install)
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Splitfires, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5736c6.gif

Nice kill jeff, did you happen to race joe tonight, i wanted to follow you guys but i knew that the pavement was all F'd up and was not sure if you two were going to race?
Mike

Back