01 L vs. 350Z

Heading back from work on the interstate today and a new Nissan 350z with exhaust and shiny wheels whizzed past me. I was doing 80 when he passed me, and I just started applying slight downward pressure on the loud pedal and gaining ground. I guess he knew what I was up to because he downshifted and a small puff of smoke came out and I knew it was on. I stayed on his rear to about 120 and he got in the right lane and and I gave it all she had, and walked around him. I was doing 135+ and he was fading away and than he just let off and disapeared. I thought those cars were pretty fast I guess not. We were the only cars on this stretch of highway with a concrete divider between the lanes.

nah your truck should kill him every time unless he gets some work done. top gear did a test on the 350z vs. the older 300zx twin turbo and the older car walked all over the newer z. its still a "W" on the books for the L crowd though. nice kill.

yea nice kill those cars suck i hate em just think though any car u race right after u spank it u can then pack up attach a boat or a trailer with quads or a trailer with wave runners and go have ur self a blast for the weekened lol

when i was at FFW in norwalk, i saw guys pull campers to the track with their L's and then race the hell out of them then hook the camper back up and head home. so awesome lol.

Keep your eyes peeled for the NISMO edition 350Zs... They will give you a run... I ran one and was neck and neck.

I had an 05 Infiniti g35 (same motor as the 350 Z)and they are SLOW on the HW. I actually got to race one after I got the L and beat him 3 times. I kept slowing down and waiting for him and we would punch it and I flew past him each time, easily. Sad thing is, I use to think that car was fast when I had it. :?

wow, good kill. I was kind of wondering how I would do against one.

Surprising though because the lb/hp is 10.9 and we're sitting at 12.2.

when i was at FFW in norwalk, i saw guys pull campers to the track with their L's and then race the hell out of them then hook the camper back up and head home. so awesome lol.

Yeah i got an 01 with nearly 100k on it (i ported the blower/intake and added heads/cams at 40K). Been running mid 12s for years on the stock bottom end, stock convertor and trans with a FTvb and i pulled a 24ft v-nose all over the east coast with my drag car in it and unhooked the lightning many a wknds and raced it as well.

I have lots of fords but this gen 2 is the best truck ive ever seen.

just put a set of rods in it and went up to a 6lb lower and a pretty aggresive tune.

Ran some 7.70s 1/8th the other night on slicks.

NIce kill on the z. Seen some pretty stout turbo ones around here, but the stockers are weak.
jeremiah

Nahh their slow, one of my buddys has a stillen s/ced one and he raced me (before he wrecked it, ugh drifters)
from a dig, we both spun through the intersection, and the front bumpers were even the whole time, and i have a gen1 with a vortech on it. im pretty sure a gen2 would take it out no problem!

Nice kill!! Feel guilty beating him with a truck!!! :D I"ve owned MANY vehicles, but never enjoyed one as much as my 'L'. :3g:

Back