ARLOC Track Day

Did u use the pulley tune in your predator, or did u get a custom program from someone,or did u do the programming yourself? I have a predator i am running the pulley tune? I was told that getting a custom program downloaded would make a big diffrence, but I have only checked with JLP, they want $75 to send me one.

When will be the next time any of ya'll go to memphis? and has there been a ARLOC track day yet this year? if not any idea of when?

I'm using the pulley tune, too. I had intended to upload my data to RWTD (James/Bubba) for a custom tune, but haven't done it. I've seen 19-20 degrees of timing with the pulley tune and the 10% adjustment and my AFR "used" to run around 11.6-12.0:1 although it's been richer lately.

I'm trying to get everything ready to go this thursday night. We have not had an official track day yet this year though.

Is RWTD a website or a local place? also what kinda spark plugs do i need to run with that 6lb pulley? I was told to run a colder plug when i up my boost.

rwtd/plugs

RWTD is Runnin' With The Devil, a supporting vendor here, and has a forum here. He's also got a website here.

Most recommend NGK TR6's for a 6lber. Some also recommend Denso IT22's, but some people dislike them for whatever reason. I put in the IT22's before I noticed all the negative comments about them, but I haven't regretted it. TR6's seem to work fine and are cheaper by far.

The Densos are supposed to be a good plug but much more expensive. They are also very brittle, which does not go well with ANY detonation.

wrightlightning said:
They are also very brittle, which does not go well with ANY detonation.

Plus any gapping of the plug where pressure is exerted on the tip can cause cracks. You have to be careful when gapping them. I guess I've been lucky. My next plug change will be to TR6's. Although I am not looking forward to changing them.... ;m

it depends on your mods. they come gapped @ .035 IIRC your truck has a 6# on it. I'd put them around .040 You want to run as wide of a gap as you can without blowing the spark out. The problem is its a PITA to pull them out to change the gap. I'm running .038 on mine.

Back