Farewell My Friend....

e9tac

It's never an easy thing saying goodbye to a friend....

This evening Steve, Scott, and I went to the hospital to send Jon Ross, SLVRLTNG, on one last trip down the 1320...he didn't hit the brakes, he rode through the traps and off into the sunset.

We will let everyone know when the services are planned. It would be an awesome tribute to get as many Lightning's to show up as we can.

Farewell my friend...you will be truly missed.

Rest in Peace Jon, You will be missed in the Lightning and Jeep Community!

6663772005_aa17d12c12_b.jpg

Jon will be sorely missed. A huge loss to the Lightning community. Thanks for the good times and memories and friendship Jon.

Lightningfest 4 Sept. 2006
P9230006.JPG

Washlo GTG:
FEB_GTG_0021.jpg

Last edited:
Jon honey Meatloaf says it all Where Angels Sing....and a good man only gets stronger.

Remember I forgave you for being a Californian transplant. You were really from Nebraska. Your parents just moved you.

We will never forget the trip to L-Fest when you needed a battery for your truck and you lead. We followed your every move even when you turned to soon down the dead end street half a block from the battery store.

These are the memories I will carry with me for the rest of my life as well as many others of you.

Lisa you have been blessed with a good man he knew to keep you out of the mix. I think some of the woman folk could have lead you astray. Hugs and prays to you and the family.

Jean

It is NEVER easy to say goodbye to a close friend. Lisa called yesterday morning to inform that Jon has only hours left here in this life. He beat cancer of the liver back around 2003 but it came back in 2011. This time treatment didn't work for him. While 60% of the cancer was defeated, cirrhosis of the liver set in.

It was with heavy hearts and great sadness that myself, Steve, and Jeff all arrived at the same time at the hospital to visit, and to say our goodbyes. He is surrounded by family with more coming in.

He is responsive when talked to and touched, but his eyes show little life left.

I will miss him terribly, as I know so many other people will. Jon was so easy to get to know, our friendship was firmly cemented with our 6 truck caravan to Lightning Fest 3 in 2005. He was such a joy to travel with, his presence at our many GTGs over the years would always bring a smile to my face. I was always a bit more upbeat whenever he would meet up at either of our local dragstrips to race. Lightnings were just a part of his life, he enjoying his Mustang buddies as well as his love of Harley Davidson motorcycles; riding his as often as time would allow.

Thank you Jon for allowing me to be a part of your life for the past nine years and to be your friend.

God speed and may the Ford always be with you.....

Scott

Jon in his "birthday" dress January 2012 at XXX Drive In at a GTG...

7307584446_be091633f0_b.jpg

7307583756_d74e9c2da2_o.jpg

Jon....

7307582818_0441f8c7a5_b.jpg

His "daily driver"...

7307582712_6240630993_b.jpg

His Lightning....

7307581384_9dd57d3ea0_b.jpg

Wow, I didn't know... not at all what I was expecting to see today.

Rest In Peace Jon, you were an amazing man.

Wow, RIP Jon you will really be missed. I still remember that first year you went to lightningfest and you brought me back a Lightning shirt, even though we had only met a few times you still though about me. That just goes to show what kind of stand up guy Jon was.

Your right Bernie, that does say exactly what kind of man Jon was.
I talked to Lisa a few minutes ago and it is her wishes that a commemorative gtg and/or drive in Jon's memory be made. The details to be worked out soon.
A showing of many of his friends and Lightnings in his honor is what she said he would want.:tu

Last edited:
At just 57 years old Jon passed away this morning at 11 AM. He's now on his own "Grand adventure from the Great Northwest". Enjoy the ride Jon....

Scott

So very sorry to hear this, Jon always had a wit about him that you might not get at first but it would hit you when you least expected. My heart goes out to his family and especially Lisa in these times of heart ache.

Francis

Very sad to hear this....Jon was a very stand up guy. All our thought and prayers go out to him and his family.

---------- Post added 05-31-2012 at 05:30 PM ----------

It's never an easy thing saying goodbye to a friend....

We will let everyone know when the services are planned. It would be an awesome tribute to get as many Lightning's to show up as we can.

Farewell my friend...you will be truly missed.

Time to get as many Ls, HDs, Mustangs together as possible!!!!!!

Farewell my friend, you will surely be missed.
I will never forget our trip to Ocean Shores for a SVT meet and you and I were the only trucks that showed, or our trip to LFest,that one will live in my heart forever, and how could anyone ever forget your "great" sense of direction when it came to going somewhere.
RIP my friend,
~Wild Bill

Jon you were a pleasant person to be around and I enjoyed your company at the GTG's and the track......you'll be missed

Back