Farewell My Friend....

RIP, Jon. And condolences to his family, friends, and WashLO members.

Paul

Last edited:
At just 57 years old Jon passed away this morning at 11 AM. He's now on his own "Grand adventure from the Great Northwest". Enjoy the ride Jon....

Scott

:cr:

---------- Post added 06-02-2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

........I talked to Lisa a few minutes ago and it is her wishes that a commemorative gtg and/or drive in Jon's memory be made. The details to be worked out soon.
A showing of many of his friends and Lightnings in his honor is what she said he would want.:tu

Let us know Steve and we will pack the house in his honor.......

RIP, Jon. I didn't know him personally but after seeing his pictures I remember him from Lightning Fest!

Very Sad at such a young age, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends :cr:

Ray

Your right Bernie, that does say exactly what kind of man Jon was.
I talked to Lisa a few minutes ago and it is her wishes that a commemorative gtg and/or drive in Jon's memory be made. The details to be worked out soon.
A showing of many of his friends and Lightnings in his honor is what she said he would want.:tu

Please let us know when and where Steve.

Wow I am very sad. I had no idea. I didn't know Jon as well as a lot of you but he was always very kind to me and would take extra time at the track to help me out. He gave me lots of racing advice and emailed me help over the years You will be missed greatly Jon. Rest in peace Doug.

Goodby Jon

;m

I am at a loss for words, so I offer this verse from a poem by Dustin Ousley.

Even though he's gone
his memory still remains in our hearts.
His smile and face will never fade.
We think of him as we go on each day.
The good times we remember
and the days spent together
will be in our memories forever.

Carson and Margaret

Condolences to Family and Friends

I have enjoyed many of Jon's posts over the years. This is a big loss to the NLOC and Lightning community. I share the heartache of losing a close family member and pass on my condolences to Jon's family. His memory will always live on in your hearts. We too will miss him. :sigh:

Lightning Bob

I just found out about this today. I was thinking about calling Jon a few weeks ago when transferring phone numbers to my new phone and got to his name but was to busy to do it then. Take that as a lesson to make time to stay in contact with those you care about before you don't have the opportunity to do so. I truly enjoyed my time with Jon at the L-FESTS and on my visits to Wash.

You will be missed my friend, Roy

commemorative gtg and/or drive

Tentative plan now is to have a commermorative GTG/drive on July 1. Meeting location for the GTG will be Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville. Lisa thought of meeting at SE 8th Park & Ride in Bellevue as Jon loved to meet there for a caravan to our many GTGs; and then caravan to Red Hook Brewery.

Lisa has many people from different walks of life traveling many miles that want to attend and this date works for them.

July 1st; 11 AM; Red Hook Brewery

Woodinville Brewery | Redhook

Scott

Tentative plan now is to have a commermorative GTG/drive on July 1. Meeting location for the GTG will be Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville. Lisa thought of meeting at SE 8th Park & Ride in Bellevue as Jon loved to meet there for a caravan to our many GTGs; and then caravan to Red Hook Brewery.

Lisa has many people from different walks of life traveling many miles that want to attend and this date works for them.

July 1st; 11 AM; Red Hook Brewery

Woodinville Brewery | Redhook

Scott

I'm in. What time are we meeting at the P&R?

Here's the announcement for Jon Ross' gathering July 1....

Come join us Sunday July 1, 2012 to
“Celebrate the life” of Jon Ross

A life well lived!

For all the Truck, Car & Motorcycle enthusiasts who want to join in on the Celebration Drive/Ride we will be meeting at the SE 8th Park-N-Ride off 405 @ 9:45 AM
Be ready to roll at 10:00 AM.

We will cruise over the river and thru the woods thru Redmond, Fall City, Carnation, Duvall and end at:

Red Hook Brewery
“The Weatherman’s Room”
14300 NE 145th Street
Woodinville, WA 98072

For those not participating in the drive join us there from 11:00 AM-2:00 PM

We will enjoy breakfast, share memories and view photos.
**If you have any photos of Jon to share with us please email them to lisalonget58@frontier.com by 6-25-12**

Please RSVP to the above e-mail address so we have an accurate count for breakfast!

---------- Post added 06-18-2012 at 08:26 PM ----------

Jon's gathering in a separate thread. Please respond to the thread if you can attend and please notify Lisa (link in thread) as well that you'll be attending and number of people in your party.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/washlo/216035-gathering-share-celebration-life-jon-ross.html

Scott

Back